Hide
6 Posts

Five Tribes» Forums » Rules

Subject: Dijjn Pay to Activate rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Perry
msg tools
So, it seems we've been playing under the assumption, because of the Djinn cost, That the "activation cost" was a one time thing. Once you've payed to activate it, you can use it at any time on your turn.

Every game has gone pretty smooth this way, until we came across the Djinn Sloar, whose activation cost is 1 Fakir, that allows you to take one card from the top of the resource pile.

The group agreed, to re-use this power I would need to spend a Fakir card every time I wanted a new card from the resource pile.

Thus, came into question, the previous way we've been playing, the one time activation fee way.

Thoughts on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff M.
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I play that you can use each of your Djinns once per turn, on your turn, and you must pay the activation cost every time you use the Djinn. I'm fairly certain that this once-per-turn per Djinn limit is the rule.

So, Sloar would not allow you to get free resource cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Meister
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It really depends on the Djinn. In the example you shared, you'd have to pay a fakir card to receive a resource card. Another Djinn that gives you the ability to receive coins whenever you / another player take white Meeple, is automatic. It really depends on the Djinn, and the Player Aid provides a pretty good summary of what each can do.

The rulebook also states you can only use a Djinn one time per turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hay
United States
Owensboro
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the djinn has an activation cost, then you must pay it every time you use it. You may only activate each djinn once per turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin LB
Switzerland
Lausanne
Vaud
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Djinns that have activation costs can only be used once per turn. And of course, you have to pay the cost each time you do use it.

Djinns that have no activation costs can be used as many times as needed. This is for example the case for Djinns that give you coins each time someone drops a meeple on a tile that you own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
to add to this, you can differentiate a Djinn that has a cost from one that does not, by looking to see if there is an icon of a white elder or slave/fakir (or both). If these icons aren't on the Djinn card then the ability is passive and always takes effect when the condition occurs (you don't have to pay for it to happen).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.