Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ron
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I know people laud the quality and fit of Dragon Shield and KMC card sleeves, but those are two of the most expensive brands on the market.

That said, the hologram logo on Ultra Pro clear sleeves covers the tech number on unit cards. Flipping the cards is an option, but having the hologram on the back introduces tournament legality concerns. Codex cards are also cut too large to fit in Ultra Pro Pro-Fit sleeves (which lack a logo).

How are people on a string budget sleeving their Codex cards? I have yet to test Mayday standard sleeves since they aren't readily available to me locally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've sleeved my deluxe set with mayday standard. Work great IMO. I don't use them because they're cheap, I use them because I don't like premium sleeves (too thick/unwieldy).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dundy O
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ScoobyG wrote:
I've sleeved my deluxe set with mayday standard. Work great IMO. I don't use them because they're cheap, I use them because I don't like premium sleeves (too thick/unwieldy).

I love Mayday deluxe sleeves. They are a bit more expensive, but not pricey. They are much better than Fantasy Flight sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never had much luck with Mayday sleeves due to the size inconsistency between packs. I know some people had better luck but I never did and there are many like me.

Finding sleeves is a bit hard since I found Ultra Pro standards a bit snug mainly due the cards being ever so slightly larger than a standard Magic card. I had better luck with Dragon Shield and KMC Hyper Mattes and they give some room clearance near the top.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Broadbent
United States
Stillwater
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Premium mayday sleeves for me. One time the sleeve sizes didn't match up and the guys at mayday were great and fixed the problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mickaël Garcin
France
Saint Ouen
Seine Saint Denis
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trying to find how many sleeves and which sizes (since there are upgrades & mini-cards) I need, but it seems to be well hidden (even in some others topics about which sleeves are the best).

Does anyone knows the answer ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dundy O
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Froh wrote:
Trying to find how many sleeves and which sizes (since there are upgrades & mini-cards) I need, but it seems to be well hidden (even in some others topics about which sleeves are the best).

I bought the deluxe set and they included 700 sleeves. There are 96 cards per faction, I believe. The core set has 229 cards, according to the rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Penny sleeves are my go to choice, sure they are kind of crappy but at just 1 cent each who cares if they break.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Broadbent
United States
Stillwater
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Froh wrote:

Here you go

Stumbled upon this a little while ago and it has been amazing! Kudos to Adam for keeping this up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Chaustowich
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
A fellow friend with a Codex Deluxe set turned me onto Tasty Sleeves, which are put out by TMG during their Kickstarters. I found them to be perfect for sleeving the Codex cards, and this comes from someone who was pretty much set on Dragon Shields (and also resigned to the high price). These sleeves were very close in quality, in my opinion.

Best of all...Miniature Market has them on clearance for a $1/50 sleeves. This would be a bargain even if they weren't great sleeves!

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/ttts001.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.