Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anneke Zakoor
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all!

I was wondering what your favorite tabletop miniature board game is and why (or why it is better in your opinion than others)?

The two I have played the most are Relic Knights and Super Dungeon Explore, but I am trying to see what else is good out there. Since they tend to be more on the pricey side, I don't want to really invest without getting some advice on the topic .

Thanks in advance for the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Feras H
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out Mechs vs. Minions, looks amazing!
And its cheap for americans $80USD inc postage, for me its $125USD inc postage.

It comes for sale on the 13th of this month, gotta buy it online from there site though.

Looks great, ill be getting it even though its more expensive for me will be the most expensive game ive ever bought (including the Scythe collectors edition on kickstarter)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ROGER DEAL
United States
Oak Ridge
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
mbmbmbmbmb
I like Space Hulk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
In Time
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My favorite miniature board games

Simples ones
1) I enjoy the D&d adventure series ravenloft, ashardelon, drizzt (but I feel they are much better when combined then they are individually)
2) Star Wars epic duels (an oop game that is sooo fun for big fans of Star Wars)

Medium
1) mercs recon (surprising fun co-op but better with 2 players not great with more imo)
2) super dungeon (new edition has co-op but 1 be many works better, co-op only works with 2-3 players)

Campaign games (these games are better with 3-4 player and regular frequency not to mention the SAME 3-4 people)
1) Star Wars imperial assault
2) Arcadia quest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Arias
United States
Sanford
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For me it depends on if we're talking dudes on a map, dungeon crawler (or as one Geek put it dudes in a corridor) or a tactical skirmish game, as each game type plays differently, and designers are constantly experimenting with mash-ups of mechanics from other game types.

Dudes on a map my current favorite is Nexus Ops because it's fast, simple and has awesome little beasties as units. It's like all those 80s MB titles I played decades ago distilled to their basic essence, plus it's sci-fi.

Dungeon crawler ... still looking for "the one" in fantasy & sci-fi genres. I'm really liking Space Cadets: Away Missions but that may be stretching the definition a bit.

Tactical skirmish closest thing is Star Wars: Imperial Assault, though I view this as in between a wargamey minis skirmish game and a board game, with some CMG/CCG elements thrown in.

Re. Star Wars: Epic Duels, found someone on ebay selling the individual figures. Only way I could find a painted Boba Fett that wasn't listed for $50!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Lewis
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Last year I would have said Space Hulk.

Right now I would say Horus Heresy: Betrayal at Calth because it takes everything I like about the world of 40K and boils it down to a fun little objective based skirmish game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L W
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My favorite is Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition) with the new app co-op. The app makes it easy for my wife and I to play together. It's a co-op so we are working together and the app takes care of a lot of management so the games are streamlined. We've almost finished painting all the mini's and it looks fantastic on the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anneke Zakoor
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow a lot of the ppl seem to like Arcadia Quest so thats one Im definitely going to look into, but I like your list from the little I e checked out. Thanks for help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arcadia Quest, Rivet Wars: Eastern Front and Blood Rage are my favorite miniatures board games. They all look awesome on the table, yet each one plays nothing like the others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
What about the only non battle type one I know of - sewer pirats lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anneke Zakoor
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all for the ideas! I am excited to try many of these!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Franzman
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
Hey! You don't know where that cursor has been!
mbmbmbmbmb
It's all about Conan, he should be bashing through my front door sometime this month!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincennes Faronto
Indonesia
palembang
flag msg tools
Ur question is a bit too general, but if u only eant game with minis in it. Blood Rage is one of the best ive played, not only one of the best with minis but one of thr best game.

Im a big fan of star wars and Star Wars: Imperial Assault really looks amazing but u gotta invest seriously with it, they dont have chewie and han on the best game so its a no for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.