Subject: VPG - October Updates rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
YM C
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excited to read some updates from VPG from here:
http://www.victorypointgames.com/news/company-update/

Looking forward to Pre-Ordering system as mentioned.
Also there are a bunch of game titles with current status.
Personally I'm interested in the following:
- Atlas Wars (if solo-able)
- Dawn of the Zeds – Expansion Kit, Card Game, Postcard Game, App Game, and The Laboratory of Dr. Marteuse Game
- Federation of Sol
- Healthy Heart Hospital
- Here They Come
- Renegade
- War Comes to Dixie (the map is a mess that actually catches my eyes )

Can't wait...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Daffin
United Kingdom
Ledbury
Herefordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been waiting for next edition of The Lost Cause (now re-titled as War Comes to Dixie) be published for a long time. There's no indication of time lines in the VPG update. Fortunately I've happened across a copy of The Lost Cause and its expansion, so that will keep me happy until the new VPG publishing model is established and a publishing schedule is announced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dundy O
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is a lot of news! I'm sad that it isn't going to be as it used to be. But, I'm sure this will bring better titles. I hope they maintain as a solid solo and solo-friendly publisher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to learning more about the Dawn of the Zeds expansion...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Looking forward to Pre-Ordering system as mentioned.

So are we; it's been the most requested feature for a long time and we're finally getting something done about it. Whew! I can't wait to see what it does, but if it doesn't do what we need it to do then we will have to pay for some custom code to be written to get it right. Still, we're on this now, and I'm feeling much better about it!

Quote:
Also there are a bunch of game titles with current status.
Personally I'm interested in the following:
- Atlas Wars (if solo-able)

Oh, yes! It is imminently solo-able. We're still getting the core mechanics tweaked so that it stays a "fun-tastic" game that you can play with and teach anybody.

Developer Tobias Loc is expanding the units and weapons a bit to "plan for success" in the series -- that is, in case there will be any add-ons or expansions, we need to know now what might be in them and how they'll integrate. This is the only sure way everything will work together smoothly in the future (giving things forethought now).

Quote:
- Dawn of the Zeds – Expansion Kit, Card Game, Postcard Game, App Game, and The Laboratory of Dr. Marteuse Game

And just as I got to this forum, a new build of the app game arrived in our dropbox to inspect. I can wait to see what lead developer Nick Beal has in store for us!

Quote:
- Federation of Sol

I finally got to sit down with that game a few weeks back. My debrief with the designer, Nathan Hansen, focused on the inter-faction diplomacy of this space opera, and Nate, bless his heart, really innovated something as cool as the other systems that are already so fun. Now there are wars, peace, and alliances between your competitors as you encroach on their territory -- and good luck staying in power with your sometimes-whiny population back home (those ingrates!). ;-)

Quote:
- Here They Come

What a gas this game is, and Jeremy Lennert has had his mind on it much of late. Each new iteration sees this game getting better and better. We printed a new set of alpha cards for it on Saturday as the co-op testers took on a hardest-level scenario. They were brutally crushed, but in the post-game debrief discussed many ways to improve their play next time -- a good sign, indeed!

Quote:
- Renegade

This game is amazing, but it has been stuck while we sorted out a different technical problem so that our developers could work remotely. With that obstetrical now confronted, and hopefully in our rear-view mirror, developer Chris Magoun can soldier on and get this game finished.

Quote:
- War Comes to Dixie (the map is a mess that actually catches my eyes)

That mess of a map is so that everything is ULTRA CLEAR when playtesting it. Every shape and color means something so that the ergonomics carry as much of the complexity weight as possible making the game much easier to grock and play. Designer Hans von Stockhausen is being a bit CRUEL (NECESSITY) with this, tweaking the design so that the Confederates receive Command Points in more the way that Parliament receives Zeal Points in that game. I've got to make a new set of cards now so that we can test it out, but if this idea works, the possibility opens up, I think, for a 2-player version of the game (no promises).

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YM C
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alan Emrich wrote:
Quote:
Atlas Wars

Oh, yes! It is imminently solo-able. We're still getting the core mechanics tweaked so that it stays a "fun-tastic" game that you can play with and teach anybody.

Developer Tobias Loc is expanding the units and weapons a bit to "plan for success" in the series -- that is, in case there will be any add-ons or expansions, we need to know now what might be in them and how they'll integrate. This is the only sure way everything will work together smoothly in the future (giving things forethought now).

Solo-able! Expandable! Cooool!

Alan Emrich wrote:
Quote:
Dawn of the Zeds

And just as I got to this forum, a new build of the app game arrived in our dropbox to inspect. I can wait to see what lead developer Nick Beal has in store for us!

I'm zombie-fied while waiting this

Alan Emrich wrote:
Quote:
Federation of Sol

I finally got to sit down with that game a few weeks back. My debrief with the designer, Nathan Hansen, focused on the inter-faction diplomacy of this space opera, and Nate, bless his heart, really innovated something as cool as the other systems that are already so fun. Now there are wars, peace, and alliances between your competitors as you encroach on their territory -- and good luck staying in power with your sometimes-whiny population back home (those ingrates!). ;-)

Yea, the board looks new to me, which catches my eyes!!

Alan Emrich wrote:
Quote:
Here They Come

What a gas this game is, and Jeremy Lennert has had his mind on it much of late. Each new iteration sees this game getting better and better. We printed a new set of alpha cards for it on Saturday as the co-op testers took on a hardest-level scenario. They were brutally crushed, but in the post-game debrief discussed many ways to improve their play next time -- a good sign, indeed!

Yea, this one catches my eyes as well, from the puzzle-y board...

Alan Emrich wrote:
Quote:
Renegade

This game is amazing, but it has been stuck while we sorted out a different technical problem so that our developers could work remotely. With that obstetrical now confronted, and hopefully in our rear-view mirror, developer Chris Magoun can soldier on and get this game finished.

I wish to have more gameplay video on this whistle

Alan Emrich wrote:
Quote:
War Comes to Dixie

That mess of a map is so that everything is ULTRA CLEAR when playtesting it. Every shape and color means something so that the ergonomics carry as much of the complexity weight as possible making the game much easier to grock and play. Designer Hans von Stockhausen is being a bit CRUEL (NECESSITY) with this, tweaking the design so that the Confederates receive Command Points in more the way that Parliament receives Zeal Points in that game. I've got to make a new set of cards now so that we can test it out, but if this idea works, the possibility opens up, I think, for a 2-player version of the game (no promises).

I mean I like the complex-ness of the map. Hopefully the game is complex and fun enough!

Meanwhile...

I personally wish that TiTE is solo-able, but that's too much to ask for, I guess
Do post more news on other titles as well.
Last but not least, the shipping cost will be improved in the future shipment, if I read somewhere correctly. Great to hear that~
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Meanwhile...

I personally wish that TiTE is solo-able, but that's too much to ask for, I guess

Not at all! The games in the FRANK CHADWICK'S ETO series are eminently solo-able. I mean, they're BIG, but there's so super-secret hidden stuff that would destroy solo play. In fact, many THUNDER IN THE EAST playtesters are solo-playing.

Quote:
Last but not least, the shipping cost will be improved in the future shipment, if I read somewhere correctly. Great to hear that~

That should happen (no guarantees about the future!) for out international customers, we hope. That is an expectation we have with our fulfillment service which we'll be switching to this autumn, but it still remains to be seen how that will all shake out.

Alan Emrich

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blair Markell
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
VPG wrote:
we will be printing our games out-of-house from then on, as every other boardgame publisher does. We have established contact with Steve at Blue Panther who is looking to expand his print-on-demand services, so we hope that some of our equipment will find a good home with him. We are directing the designers of our discontinued games to talk to Steve about getting their games back in print again, too.

I'm confused. Will Blue Panther be doing printing for VPG, in addition to your overseas printing? If so, will this be new games, back catalog, or both? Or will any printing by Blue Panther be entirely separate from VPG, and perhaps some (former?) VPG games will be published under the Blue Panther brand?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm VERY glad to see that "The World Will Hold Its Breath" is still alive. I hope it goes on the front burner soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I'm confused. Will Blue Panther be doing printing for VPG, in addition to your overseas printing? If so, will this be new games, back catalog, or both? Or will any printing by Blue Panther be entirely separate from VPG, and perhaps some (former?) VPG games will be published under the Blue Panther brand?

We're still sorting out the details, but both sides want to see this happen.

It should not be new games (I don't think) -- I believe we're scheduling those for overseas printing, although there might be a small one here or there that could pop that way. Like I said, I'm not 100% sure.

Certainly back-catalog games. Publisher and label? That would depend on the individual game project, I suspect. We need to do right by each other.

Alan Emrich

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.