Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
George Lin
United States
Dublin
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I watched Rodney on watch it played, and it seems thatcher first printing have several card errors.
Now I know he got an evaluation copy? So when oreders open in few days, will it have the correct printing of those error cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney "Watch It Played" Smith
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
Join us to learn and watch games played at youtube.com/watchitplayed
mbmbmbmbmb
cglin222 wrote:
I watched Rodney on watch it played, and it seems thatcher first printing have several card errors.
Now I know he got an evaluation copy? So when oreders open in few days, will it have the correct printing of those error cards?

Hey George, thanks for checking out the video! I'm trying to remember (they're all blurring together now), but I think I only mentioned 1 specific card error? That's still an error, of course, but just didn't want to give people the wrong impression, if they haven't watched my videos yet.

There were a few rules I addressed or clarified during the videos (maybe you're thinking of those?), but I would not be surprised to learn that there is a FAQ in the works to ensure any questions are cleared up (for those who don't watch the videos).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abel Kim
United States
Flower Mound
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
And if there are errors I'm sure Riot will replace the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Glickman
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
I'm curious - does anyone know off the top of their head what the error was? Some errors are easy to correct, others... less so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul G wrote:
I'm curious - does anyone know off the top of their head what the error was? Some errors are easy to correct, others... less so.

I'd be interested as well. I'm not wanting any spoilers so I'm not about to watch the videos.

A single card though is not really a big deal. A sharpie, or a slip of paper in a sleeve with the card will fix that easy enough, or likely enough if it's something like a schematic card, just explaining the error to the game group will be easy enough, especially since as a co-operative game there's no hidden information.

So I'm interested in what the issue is, but I can't imagine it being a big deal. I'm not getting the impression from anyone who has review copies of this game that these sort of issues are anything but extremely minor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney "Watch It Played" Smith
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
Join us to learn and watch games played at youtube.com/watchitplayed
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the unlockable cards shows an activation cost of 7 on one side (which is correct), and a 5 on the other, which is incorrect. I do highlight this in the scenario video, if people want to check those out before playing, for any reminders like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Rodney,

That's a pretty easy issue to work around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So the first 30k games printed will have this issue, right? Or will the December games already be corrected?

Just curious, 1 card is not that big of a problem, especially if one side is correct.

But one big wish, if there will be an expansion at some point, please consider reprinting corrected cards and add them to the expansion, that's the best way to easily distribute changed cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The ones coming in December are from the same first printing, so I'm guessing unless they go to unreasonably great lengths to add in a fixed card, they will be the same. I believe Chris said they would try to fix any issues for future printings, but how soon that next printing is will depend on how quickly this printing sells out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Lin
United States
Dublin
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi, Rodney
Yes, I think there was 1 error card and some rules mis-printed that you mentioned.
Just wanted to confirm, if we are still getting the error card if we order on 10/13, or that Riot games is printing the correct card / rules or not.

Thanks

Pelvidar wrote:
cglin222 wrote:

Hey George, thanks for checking out the video! I'm trying to remember (they're all blurring together now), but I think I only mentioned 1 specific card error? That's still an error, of course, but just didn't want to give people the wrong impression, if they haven't watched my videos yet.

There were a few rules I addressed or clarified during the videos (maybe you're thinking of those?), but I would not be surprised to learn that there is a FAQ in the works to ensure any questions are cleared up (for those who don't watch the videos).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
The first half of Wave 1 will begin shipping this week. This is the exact copy that Rodney played with - including any errors that snuck through our vetting process. And while there are a handful of those, I'm comfortable that the errors that we've spotted are not 'game breaking'.

We've made a lot of changes to the rule book and resolved the errors that we've spotted up until now for the December shipment. But I suspect after the game makes it's way out into the wild, we will spot more rules we need to add clarity around and potentially a couple more spelling mistakes/ misprints. As we find those, we will update the rules and cards for Wave 2 due out in March.

Each of these waves will go on sale on Thursday; so when we sell out of Wave 1, we'll begin pre-orders (post-orders?) for Wave 2. When/If that sells out, we'll do orders for Wave 3, etc. We will keep tweaking the rulebook until we have it right, though you may want to look up the FAQ we'll post on Thursday for any errata that snuck through the initial print-run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1.) Will there be any attempt replace errataed cards from wave 1?

2.) Will updated rulebooks/scenario materials be available online?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harvie Jarriell
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ras2124 wrote:

1. Hopefully it will be possible to get corrected/updated cards in the future.

2. Their website already has links for the rulebook and the mission dossiers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
ras2124 wrote:

1) I'll look into this. Our plan wasn't to make 30k of that extra schematic as we didn't find the mistake game-breaking - but if there's anyone that would like this card replaced after we have more of the correct card in stock (won't be at launch), then please reach out to us via player-support. I suspect for most people, this will be a minor issue. But I've got an obsessive compulsive streak when it comes to quality, so for people like me, we'd like to do whatever we can to make sure you're pleased with your purchase.

2) Yup. We'll put them all up online both on our website and probably here on BGG shortly after launch.

For whatever it's worth, we'll probably keep making changes as we find more opportunities to improve the rules. So I hope to see this as an evergreen approach. Not saying I don't want to get the rules perfect - we aimed for that - but I'm also trying to temper the perfectionist in me with the reality that we're still new to this and will get better as we go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
Canada
ONTARIO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:
but if there's anyone that would like this card replaced after we have more of the correct card in stock (won't be at launch), then please reach out to us via player-support. I suspect for most people, this will be a minor issue. But I've got an obsessive compulsive streak when it comes to quality, so for people like me, we'd like to do whatever we can to make sure you're pleased with your purchase.

OMG Thank you ! this news was actually making me (as an official compulsive quality freak) not want to buy the game as it came out to wait for December pre-order, but if in a few months afterward, I can contact support and have the fixed card sent to me then I'm in
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Danish
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EnigmaProphet wrote:
Riot Kades wrote:
but if there's anyone that would like this card replaced after we have more of the correct card in stock (won't be at launch), then please reach out to us via player-support. I suspect for most people, this will be a minor issue. But I've got an obsessive compulsive streak when it comes to quality, so for people like me, we'd like to do whatever we can to make sure you're pleased with your purchase.

OMG Thank you ! this news was actually making me (as an official compulsive quality freak) not want to buy the game as it came out to wait for December pre-order, but if in a few months afterward, I can contact support and have the fixed card sent to me then I'm in

I'd also be really happy with a sticker / downloadable sticker. It's not quite as nice as having the card replaced, but easy to do and might be lest cost prohibitive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Cannon
United States
ATLANTA
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like the ability to get corrected cards and rules at a reasonable cost. Otherwise I would be tempted to wait for a later printing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Piquette
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Hello!
badge
I had to spend this geek gold on something
mbmbmbmbmb
I was considering waiting for a later printing in order to see people's reviews. This makes that even more tempting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They said they will release a FAQ tomorrow. I think I will read through it and decide afterwards if I want to hop in on the October or December wave, and in case the first 15k copies of the game are already sold before I finished reading through the FAQ, well than that will make the decision easier

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Asher
United States
Jefferson
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My patience generally outweighs my tolerance for misprints
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In order to make sure I know what I am buying, I just want to reiterate my take away from this thread and get a consensuses if it is correct. Thanks.

1. Wave 1 (Rodney's version) ships in October and as far as we know, has 1 misprinted card and will have some minor spelling errors and rule clarifications that will be needed.

2. The second half of wave 1 Will ship in December and will have updates to minor clarity/spelling issues as well as the fixed misprinted card from the 1st half of wave 1. If anything else is found by wave 1 owners after delivery, those errors would more likely be fixed in wave 2 and not in this wave.

3. Wave 2 will continue with any clarity or spelling issues not caught in the first wave and is due out in March.

4. Riot is willing to replace the misprinted card or cards if we contact them. This will be done when they get stock and not immediately.

Other than the above, I was curious if there have been any comments tat elaborate on if the December delivery will make it for Christmas and/or if we will be notified if our shipment is 1st half, 2nd half, or wave 2 at checkout (in case someone wants to avoid the misprint)? Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
fubarbox wrote:
In order to make sure I know what I am buying, I just want to reiterate my take away from this thread and get a consensuses if it is correct. Thanks.

1. Wave 1 (Rodney's version) ships in October and as far as we know, has 1 misprinted card and will have some minor spelling errors and rule clarifications that will be needed.

2. The second half of wave 1 Will ship in December and will have updates to minor clarity/spelling issues as well as the fixed misprinted card from the 1st half of wave 1. If anything else is found by wave 1 owners after delivery, those errors would more likely be fixed in wave 2 and not in this wave.

3. Wave 2 will continue with any clarity or spelling issues not caught in the first wave and is due out in March.

4. Riot is willing to replace the misprinted card or cards if we contact them. This will be done when they get stock and not immediately.

Other than the above, I was curious if there have been any comments tat elaborate on if the December delivery will make it for Christmas and/or if we will be notified if our shipment is 1st half, 2nd half, or wave 2 at checkout (in case someone wants to avoid the misprint)? Thanks!

This sounds correct. For December, I'd very clearly prefer to make sure it's in your hands by Christmas, but there are so many things that can come up between now and then - including the boxes being locked away by customs - that I simply don't have control over. Trust me, if I could guarantee the December order will arrive by Christmas I gladly would, but I can't. I can guarantee it will get to you as quickly as we can get it out, but I recognize people have gifts to be giving and they're a little less excited about the prospect of a game coming after Christmas (for obvious reasons), so I'm trying to manage expectations here.

You will know when you purchase which 'wave' you are buying from. We've set up the store with different 'products' that will turn on as waves sell out. Each of these products will list when the game is expected to ship. The closer we are to the date, the higher confidence I have that the game will go out at the time we're estimating.

Hope this helps?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:
fubarbox wrote:

This sounds correct. For December, I'd very clearly prefer to make sure it's in your hands by Christmas, but there are so many things that can come up between now and then - including the boxes being locked away by customs - that I simply don't have control over. Trust me, if I could guarantee the December order will arrive by Christmas I gladly would, but I can't. I can guarantee it will get to you as quickly as we can get it out, but I recognize people have gifts to be giving and they're a little less excited about the prospect of a game coming after Christmas (for obvious reasons), so I'm trying to manage expectations here.

You will know when you purchase which 'wave' you are buying from. We've set up the store with different 'products' that will turn on as waves sell out. Each of these products will list when the game is expected to ship. The closer we are to the date, the higher confidence I have that the game will go out at the time we're estimating.

Hope this helps?

That helps a lot. I am typically pretty obsessive compulsive about issues that are more than minor spelling errors. The spelling issues rarely bother me, likely because I am part of the spell check generation and I would need that red line to see the error, unless it was really bad and distracting! I am also not concerned about rule clarity at all thanks to your choice of contracting Rodney. That said, I was going to wait, but with your response and willingness to replace misprints for people like me, I feel confident about getting your amazing game as soon as possible. I wanted to add, thank you for the fast responses and presence here. Your level of customer service is better than many board game companies!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Lin
United States
Dublin
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Are there any plans for this to see traditional Chinese in the near future?
I know quite a few people and other board game groups in Taiwan that they are or really hoping to see this get translated in traditional Chinese

Thanks

Riot Kades wrote:
fubarbox wrote:

Hope this helps?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bertram Vogel
Germany
flag msg tools
Hi Chris! Sorry that I have to ask again, but even after reading the whole thread, I am still not sure: will the december shipment (second half of wave 1) have the updated card and rulebook (basically all the errors that are now listed under "Gameplay questions" on http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/featured/mechs-vs-minions).

I know you basically answered this with "yes" in your previous post, but it kind of contradicts your earlier answer "I'll look into this. Our plan wasn't to make 30k of that extra schematic as we didn't find the mistake game-breaking" --> this sounds like october (15.000 copies) and december shipment (15.000 copies) will be the same?

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.