Crimson Creek» Forums » General

Subject: Distinguish $12 and $19 editions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dennis Deschildre
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmb
I ordered 7 copies of which 5 Deluxe and 2 Normal. How do I distinguish them? I can't see any differences from the metal box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, great question. I didn't notice anything on the box either (I had the $19 one)

I was confused after opening the box as well, only then I realised that the quick setup reference card actually details what the small expansion is actually about. Manual itself makes no mention of the expansion and it can be quite confusing as a result.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Deschildre
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmb
Got a reply from ToyStorian Enterprises: all copies are Deluxe so there's no difference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lizzi McClain

Houston
Texas
msg tools
mbmb
Let me understand this, I only needed to pay $12.00 and I would have the same game that I paid $19.00 for? That just makes this even better. After I was upset about the mis-printed card (which is the only way to know how to play the extension, which cost and additional $7.00). I'm now torqued for over paying. I will never back, nor purchase another ToyStorian game. This has to be one of the most inept campaigns ever. Since we don't have apple phones, I can only hope that some day we'll see the Android app! Which is why we backed this game, it makes it seem a bit more adventurous and unique. Without the app its just another card game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Deschildre
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmb
It was a mistake from the fulfillment center so Toystorian Enterprises is not at fault here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tyrael_ wrote:
It was a mistake from the fulfillment center so Toystorian Enterprises is not at fault here.

To be honest, they keep pointing fingers at everybody else with every delay and mistake.

End product is okay though. Rulebook is wonky, but it's a playable game and still quite cheap for $19.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Deschildre
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmb
Let this be clear:

- I didn't get my package when everyone else did, I messaged them on Facebook
- 2-3 days later: "we contacted the fulfillment center and it seems they packed 7 Deluxe copies though on the paper there were 5 Deluxe and 2 normal copies mentioned, you may have them without extra cost". I presume sending them back wasn't much cheaper and it was nice from them.

So explain to me, why is that pointing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Reed
United States
Saratoga Springs
Utah
flag msg tools
Were ALL standard copies (not just Dennis's) upgraded to Deluxe at no additional charge?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enoch Wright
United States
New Philadelphia
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be honest, I would have just been happy with a copy of the rulebook with my copy of the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.