Grimslingers» Forums » Rules

Subject: 2 vs 2 card target card deactivation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dizdi
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
In a 2 vs 2 team game, you do not deactivate the target card you played,right?
I ask this because it's not clear in the rulebook (2nd edition).
We played a game and we thought that you deactivate your target card and we found it a little predictable since everyone always knew who would be the next target for each team.
So each turn my team can attack the same opponent?
We will have a game tonight!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
noom777 wrote:
In a 2 vs 2 team game, you do not deactivate the target card you played,right?
I ask this because it's not clear in the rulebook (2nd edition).
We played a game and we thought that you deactivate your target card and we found it a little predictable since everyone always knew who would be the next target for each team.
So each turn my team can attack the same opponent?
We will have a game tonight!

Right, you don't deactivate target cards in a 2v2. You can also use the quickdraw rules as well here.

Also the 2nd edition rulebook says, "if you are playing a free-for-all with 4+ players you must deactivate the target card you used" (pg 9, step 5 point B).

Thus, the deactivating target card rule only applies to 4+ free for alls, not team fights.

Hope that clears up any confusion you had! Please let me know any other questions that come up

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dizdi
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you for the precise answers!
We can use the quickdraw rules by playing 2 cards each (one for each opponent) like in a 3 player game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
noom777 wrote:
Thank you for the precise answers!
We can use the quickdraw rules by playing 2 cards each (one for each opponent) like in a 3 player game?

Yep! it's a bit more complicated to get used to, but it means no one is ever singled out each turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.