Hide
5 Posts

Forbidden Stars» Forums » General

Subject: why the dices are all painted with the same color? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
DaKa empfa
msg tools
can someone please explain me why the dices have all the same color, when you have the chance to use only at least 8 dices? it was not better paint the dices half blue and half red for example?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Courtight
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The short answer is probably production costs. Its cheaper if they are all the same.

I like the color of the dice its easy on the eyes in a way I'm not sure red would be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Andersen
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having different colored dice would have been nice for the purposes of rolling simultaneously in a shared space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
bbblasterfire wrote:
Having different colored dice would have been nice for the purposes of rolling simultaneously in a shared space.

You could always take some acrylic paint and fill the symbols in red on half your dice - it's easy enough, you can use a bit of kitchen towel wadded over a couple of times to wipe the paint off the raised surfaces to leave it only in the icons, or simply scratch it off after it's dry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DaKa empfa
msg tools
ty all
if the same color is not necessary, i will paint half dice as you suggest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.