Subject: I sure wish they made more of these! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Theriot
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'll just use the same review that I left for this game on Amazon.

We're up to game four and can't wait to open up the contents of the next game box to see what we face.
This board game is thoroughly enjoyable by fans of the Harry Potter series and for those who know nothing about it. I, being a minor fan of the series, absolutely love it. My wife, being a big fan of the series, loves it even more!
We often try to find cooperative games because playing on the same team, we find, is so much more of an enjoyable experience. When I saw that it was a cooperative game and looked into it a little, I decided that this was a must have for our collection.

In the game, there are 7 boxes, each labeled "Game 1", Game 2", etc. You start off with the first box, and after (if) defeating the villains, you then open the second box adding those cards to the current ones in play. You continue doing this all the way through game 7 all the while each person's deck is getting stronger and the game is getting much, much more difficult.

Do yourself and your family a favor:
Put the phones away, sit down at the table, and enjoy this cooperative experience! You won't regret it.

A true nail-biter and one the creators should DEFINITELY expand on. We are SO happy we bought this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BT Carpenter
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ironically, it doesn't really need expansions - they're all in the box already, waiting for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Emmett
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
Win it or bin it
badge
Win it or bin it
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
Ironically, it doesn't really need expansions - they're all in the box already, waiting for you.

Yeah, I don't know what they could wring out of the stories for an expansion, but I did have one idea. If USAopoly made hero versions of the allies with their own abilities, I'd snap those up. So depending on the game you're playing, you'd have some number of extra heroes to swap some or all of the base four. Remove their ally card from the deck, and swap in a new Harry/Hermione/Ron/Neville ally card (as appropriate). Play as the other students, play all the girls, field an all-Weasley team, play the professors...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Burgess
msg tools
mbmbmb
Gravey wrote:
byronczimmer wrote:

Yeah, I don't know what they could wring out of the stories for an expansion, but I did have one idea. If USAopoly made hero versions of the allies with their own abilities, I'd snap those up. So depending on the game you're playing, you'd have some number of extra heroes to swap some or all of the base four. Remove their ally card from the deck, and swap in a new Harry/Hermione/Ron/Neville ally card (as appropriate). Play as the other students, play all the girls, field an all-Weasley team, play the professors...

This!!! Please!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Jandt
msg tools
Oh to play Fred and George as a team...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Annie Tipton
msg tools
Gravey wrote:
[q="byronczimmer"] If USAopoly made hero versions of the allies with their own abilities, I'd snap those up. So depending on the game you're playing, you'd have some number of extra heroes to swap some or all of the base four. Remove their ally card from the deck, and swap in a new Harry/Hermione/Ron/Neville ally card (as appropriate). Play as the other students, play all the girls, field an all-Weasley team, play the professors...

WHERE DO I SIGN A PETITION FOR THIS IDEA?
Take my money, USAopoly!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Tucker
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
A game is a series of decisions; a good game is a series of interesting decisions
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gravey wrote:
byronczimmer wrote:

Alternate Hero cards with different abilities, alternate starting cards for the heroes, added mechanisms for trashing, upgrading, or cycling starting cards, added mechanisms for cycling available cards for purchase, alternate sets of locations for each book (maybe more locations with shorter tracks, but more gradual ramp up in difficulty), there are probably other possibilities as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Spenner
United States
Waynesville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gravey wrote:
byronczimmer wrote:

There is so much they could "wring out" of the books! Thousands of wonderful pages of characters, creatures, spells...I'm hoping so much that USAopoly uses their licensing of Harry Potter to the fullest extent!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Goodnight
United States
Newmarket
NH
flag msg tools
Gravey wrote:
Yeah, I don't know what they could wring out of the stories for an expansion...

Wands. They could totally add wands in to the mix. When you pick your character you are dealt a random wand card (the wand chooses the wizard afterall) with it's own special ability. I'd make them minor, but still useful, and of course you'd have to balance them out with a bit more challenge.

There's also plenty of minor challenges and not-quite-villians that crop up. You could shuffle them with the villians and when they pop up the heroes have to stop their fight against the villians to do something like help Hagrid hide his baby dragon, or play a quidditch match. Maybe they could be optional and provide some small reward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.