29.3% of Goal | 28 Days Left

Support:

Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So this game has sounded right up my alley since I first heard about it LAST summer. And I've been waiting for it to hit America the whole time.

Just a few days ago, Asmodee announcced a US version coming Q1 2017... but today the Ludonova version shows up on stock at CSI.

Are there any differences? (looks like there's some component/art differences but what about gameplay?)

Are they all the same cases?

Are there any reasons why buying one now will screw me over with future expansions? (see Mysterium for edition screwing nonsense)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hardy
Germany
Münster
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
stevelabny wrote:

Are there any reasons why buying one now will screw me over with future expansions?

There might be an expansion with new character cards (they give you special abilities). If those new cards have a new Asmodee design, you could tell which player got one of the new and who got one of the old characters (in the game, they are hidden until a player uses them for the first time).

Apart from that, I don't see any possible real problem of using new cases (which expansion will probably mostly consist of) with the old base game.
Basically, apart from the case cards, you just need a few meeples and some tokens.
Ah, the symbols on the case cards may differ, so they might not exactly fit the look of the corresponding tokens, but I think that would be a minor problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Saari
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Been waiting for this one too.

Asmodee's website mentions that the cases have been slightly revised. Perhaps they made tweaks based on feedback/errors? I don't know -- but it makes me inclined to wait, which I'm typically not good at doing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.