Subject: 6+ players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hildegunst von Mythenmetz
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone,

once again the SPIEL starts and I hadn't enough time to read myself into all the new games out there. However, I don't want to come completely unprepared so I decided to ask those of you with a better overview of what's coming up for some advice.

I'm searching for not too heavy games that allow 6 or more players and if possible has low downtimes. This could be done by simultaneous play or any new idea. Up till now, cooperative games didn't catch my group so I'd rather look for some competetive games but that is not a major argument.

Games that fit my ideas well in the past are:

- 7 Wonders
- Mysterium
- Jamaica
- Eclipse

Even though those games are light to medium my group can play more complex games. The problem is that most of the times we lack playtime so it shouldn't go above 90 mins of play which usually strikes out all of the more complex games anyways.

So that is what I'm looking for. My question for you: Do you know if any game on SPIEL ESSEN '16 will be worth looking into with those aspects in mind?

Thanks in Advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.-M. Frieg
Germany
Köln
NRW
flag msg tools
Fan since 1988
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
some examples:

gentlemens deal
insider
when i dream
word slam
timebomb 2
tiefe taschen
100.000 blind dates
colt express + exp.
diamant
fuji flush
huh?
imagine
Karibou Camp
Unusual Suspects + exp. Burn After Playing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudi van Pelt
Netherlands
Lekkerkerk
Zuid Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not Alone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Davies
United Kingdom
Haddenham
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Power Grid the card game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin S.
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd suggest Euphoria: Build a Better Dystopia

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tilou
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SnarksandBoojums wrote:

Quote:
My question for you: Do you know if any game on SPIEL ESSEN '16 will be worth looking into with those aspects in mind?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Freeman
United Kingdom
Exeter
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played Evolution at Essen last year and came away with a copy and the Flight expansion. Easily fits the 6 players and less than 90 minute benchmark!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan
Netherlands
Sint-Oedenrode
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps Captain Sonar?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Burrell
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Twilight Imperium (Third Edition) or Axis & Allies Europe 1940 combined with Axis & Allies Pacific 1940

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tilou
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GeoffreyB wrote:

You're kidding, right? The OP asks about a game that doesn't last more than 90 minutes and that comes out in Essen...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin S.
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tilouboy wrote:
SnarksandBoojums wrote:

Quote:
My question for you: Do you know if any game on SPIEL ESSEN '16 will be worth looking into with those aspects in mind?

Does Essen not have older games? I realize it won't be showcased, but I'm used to being able to find other items at conventions. Sadly, I've never been able to go to Essen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tilou
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SnarksandBoojums wrote:
tilouboy wrote:
SnarksandBoojums wrote:

Quote:

Does Essen not have older games? I realize it won't be showcased, but I'm used to being able to find other items at conventions. Sadly, I've never been able to go to Essen.

Sure you find other games in Essen. But the OP didn't ask for any game but specifically mentioned Essen 16. I think that means new games.

Anyway maybe the OP shouldn't concentrate on new games (as I think he is) and could take a look at your recommandation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sanan Mahmudov
Azerbaijan
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Check Grand Bazaar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
André Heines
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The base game of Tallinn is for 2-4 players, but on their website they stated, that it can be expanded for up to 8 players.

FTF: First to find is a small game about Geocaching for up to 6 players.

RoboRace is a family game for up to 6 players. Abstract tile laying racing game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.