$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 76.25

5,182 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
32.7% of Goal | 28 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower» Forums » General

Subject: Magnus The Red image rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Johnson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
While Magnus is from Warhammer 40k there is nothing about the mini that would prevent you from using it in the Silver Tower.


http://imgur.com/a/kaPWc

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
May the Force be with you!
badge
He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.
mbmbmbmbmb
Grodd1016 wrote:
there is nothing about the mini that would prevent you from using it in the Silver Tower.


Except for any rules whatsoever?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Johnson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Well sure you need those.

I was think more that there was nothing on the mini that set it in the 40K universe vs Age of Sigmar.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
May the Force be with you!
badge
He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok cool, though this is just an idea for a homebrew/variant thing then?

I wasn't sure if there was actually Silver Tower rules for this somewhere.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Feery
United States
Oakley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't play/have Silver Tower so this is just a guess, but the size of that model (it'll probably be around 10 inches tall and 10 inches wide) may make it unusable/impractical in that game. It does look really cool though!

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Sweden
Solna
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I liked Magnus the Red better when he was an ape-like cyclop with a big bushy beard!

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, he's a tzeentch guy, but from a different setting, large, and, well, saying he's usable is the same as saying, why not play a chaos space marine? It's been a very long time (unless I'm mistaken) since GW hinted at any overt overlaps between 40k and WHFB, the last times I can remember are the Albion campaign and the Amazons, which both hinted at 40k tech in the late 90's/early 2000's, but esp. in the post-AOS setting, I'm not seeing it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Johnson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I wasn't sure if he'd fit, size wise for Silver Tower, but I figured he could just be a demon prince. Perhaps just for a home brew variant.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Pierce
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Be careful, he might grab the Excelsior Warpriest's Gryph Hound!

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cogdiz wrote:
I liked Magnus the Red better when he was an ape-like cyclop with a big bushy beard!



I liked his attack most of all, 100cm range, hits on 2+, -6 save modifier.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spiralingcadaver wrote:
Yeah, he's a tzeentch guy, but from a different setting, large, and, well, saying he's usable is the same as saying, why not play a chaos space marine? It's been a very long time (unless I'm mistaken) since GW hinted at any overt overlaps between 40k and WHFB, the last times I can remember are the Albion campaign and the Amazons, which both hinted at 40k tech in the late 90's/early 2000's, but esp. in the post-AOS setting, I'm not seeing it.


Well aside from the entirety of the Chaos Demon ranges, which use the same minis for both games.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.