47.7% of Goal | left

Support:

Daniel Morgret
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello everyone,
I played a game last week where I insisted that because the Transcontinental Railroad says "Your best mine produces...", the production it adds to the mines scores in "Impact of Industry". I looked on BGG briefly and saw this thread, where the consensus agrees with me: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/319816/impact-industry-and-....

However now I see other threads where some members are doubtful: between Jim Cote and Don Schaeffer here https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/312864/through-ages-card-fa..., and https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1555063/new-impact-industry, where one member considers the TCR to give a mine production bonus, which wouldn't be counted.

The game's final score was close enough that who won is a function of the answer to this question. I think that the most literal reading of the rules would be that the additional production does score, because of the text "your best mine produces" without any mention of a "bonus" on the TCR card. Is there any official resolution on this?

Daniel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tilou
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I can tell you that the BGO implementation has it your way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The card wording in the new game is different, so I wouldn't count the 2008 thread for the old game as evidence for anything.

That said, I would count it, using the same argument you give.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Liu
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tilouboy wrote:
Well I can tell you that the BGO implementation has it your way.

This. Also this card has been nerfed in the new story game so having it be able to benefit from this event makes it a little better

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Trabert
Germany
Düsseldorf (34 km south of Essen)
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you can even generalize this case. The effects of wonders and leaders always count when evaluating the impact cards. For example, the white token you get for pyramids counts for impacts of government. Bill Gates is the only exception (or borderline case) that comes to my mind: the extra resources this guy provides are produced by your labs and not by your mines, so Impact of industries will not be triggered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Gosal
Malaysia
flag msg tools
Yes, it should be counted. The card says 'one of your best mines produce twice as many resources', so your best mine produce 2x the resources.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.