Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph Guzman
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
*The Run Down
Much in the idea of the Destroyer as well as Doomsday, Ogre is a beast created to vanquish the enemies of the gods. But it was made too well and turned on its masters. The gods chained him up and imprisoned him in the underworld. Ogre is by design supposed to attack the heroes as much as he is supposed to reek havoc on the Environment deck to represent its rampage of wanton destruction. I thought a villain meant to destroy the landscape and build itself up would be a cool idea. Not sure if I flushed him out well enough, but that is why I am posting him here, to fine tune him and make a better deck to create and give to the community.

*Bio
The gods waged war upon each other. Pantheon vs. Pantheon. Most were evenly matched and were in a centuries long stalemate. To break the stalemate, one pantheon created Ogre. A beast of pure destructive power that would end the war. Ogre did just that, wiping out most of the other gods. The survivors surrendered. With no enemies to fight, Ogre turned on its masters and cause much destruction. In a desperate act, the remaining gods came together and bound Ogre in chains linked to the life force of their strongest so that they will not break as long as he lived. Ogre was then imprisoned in the underworld where he would stay for eternity. One of the surviving gods from another pantheon did not agree and went to create plans to have revenge on the pantheon.

Over time, new gods arose, worshipped by mortals and called Heroes. The survivor found now was the time to unleash his revenge while still having a way to leave a world intact for him to live on. He tied the life force of the champion to a boy and every time he would use his powers, he would drain the champion of life, and thus overwhelming the boy with the violent power of a god of war. Someone he could have seal away Ogre once he was done with him. Problem is, Ogre may not be able to sealed away again as he has grown stronger.

Villain: Ogre
HP: 80
Nemesis: Ruin

Villain Character Card, Front (Beast of Destruction)
------------------------
Set Up:
At the start of the game, put Ogre's character cards into play "Beast of Destruction) side up. At the start of the game, reveal cards from the top of the villain deck until you reveal (H)-2 Civilian cards. Put those cards into play and shuffle the rest into the villain deck.

Gameplay:
-At the beginning of the villain turn, discard the top card of the environment deck.
-Reduce damage to Ogre by 1.
-If the environment trash gets shuffled back into the environment deck, flip Ogre to "Angry Juggernaut" side.
-Whenever a civilian card is destroyed, Ogre deals each other target 1 psychic damage.
-At the end of the villain turn, if there are 4 or more civilian cards in the villain trash, heroes lose the game.

Advanced: At the beginning of the villain turn, play a card from the top of the villain deck.

Villain Character Card, Back (Angry Juggernaut)
------------------------
Gameplay:
-At the start of the of the villain turn, Ogre deals X damage to the hero with the highest HP, where X is equal to the amount of card types in the environment trash.
-When an environment target is destroyed, Ogre regains 2 HP.
-At the end of the villain turn, Ogre deals all other targets 1 projectile damage.
-When there are 3 or more civilian cards in the villain trash, Heroes lose the game.

Advanced: At the end of the villain turn, play a card from the top of the villain deck.

Ongoing (Qty:5)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Toughened Flesh (Qty:3)
-Reduce damage to Ogre by 1
-When Ogre is dealt damage, Ogre deals 1 projectile damage to all civilians in play.

Destructive Appetite (Qty:2)
-At the beginning of the villain turn, destroy an environment card. If there are none to destroy, discard the top card of the environment deck.

One-Shot (Qty:15)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Terrifying Roar (Qty:3)
-Search the villain deck for a civilian card and put it into play.
-Shuffle the villain deck.
-Ogre deals each other target 1 psychic damage.

Unstoppable Force (Qty:2)
-Ogre deals 3 irreducible melee damage to the hero with the highest HP.

Destructive Nature (Qty:3)
-Discard the top card of the Environment deck
-If the discarded card was a target, Ogre regains (H) HP, otherwise Ogre deals 3 projectile damage to each other target.

Swat Aside (Qty:3)
-Ogre deals 3 melee damage to the hero target with the lowest HP.
-If a non-character target would take this damage, destroy that target instead.
-Discard the top card of the environment deck.

Shrug Off (Qty:2)
-Ogre regains (H) HP
-The next time Ogre would be dealt damage, reduce it by 2.

Savagery (Qty:2)
-Ogre deals 4 melee damage to the hero with the most HP.
-The next time Ogre would deal damage, increase it by 1
-Play the top card of the villain deck.

Civilian (Qty:5)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Civilian (Qty:5)
HP:4
-A hero may skip their turn and have Ogre deal them 2 projectile damage to shuffle this card into the villain deck.
-When the villain trash would be shuffled into the villain deck, this card stays in the villain trash.

Any suggestions and recommendations would be most appreciated. This is the Fourth Villain of the series I am creating. My artist is pretty busy so no art yet. Always looking for a new artist if anyone is interested.

(Edit Notes)
-Fixed missing flip condition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seamus Butler
Ireland
flag msg tools
Jaggid88 wrote:

Villain Character Card, Front (Beast of Destruction)
------------------------
Set Up:
At the start of the game, put Ogre's character cards into play "Beast of Destruction) side up. At the start of the game, reveal cards from the top of the villain deck until you reveal (H)-2 Civilian cards. Put those cards into play and shuffle the rest into the villain deck.

Gameplay:
-At the beginning of the villain turn, discard the top card of the environment deck.
-Reduce damage to Ogre by 1.
-Whenever a civilian card is destroyed, Ogre deals each other target 1 psychic damage.
-At the end of the villain turn, if there are 4 or more civilian cards in the villain trash, heroes lose the game.

Advanced: At the beginning of the villain turn, play a card from the top of the villain deck.

Villain Character Card, Back (Angry Juggernaut)
------------------------
Gameplay:
-At the start of the of the villain turn, Ogre deals X damage to the hero with the highest HP, where X is equal to the amount of card types in the environment trash.
-When an environment target is destroyed, Ogre regains 2 HP.
-At the end of the villain turn, Ogre deals all other targets 1 projectile damage.
-When there are 3 or more civilian cards in the villain trash, Heroes lose the game.

Advanced: At the end of the villain turn, play a card from the top of the villain deck.

I don't see any flip conditions for this guy.

Don't have time at the moment do more than a quick read I'll try get back to this and the other new decks soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Guzman
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you for pointing that out. When I changed how he worked as I was inputting him, I deleted the old condition and forgot to put in the new one. Thank you very much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.