Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tyrone Newby
Canada
Tupperville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On my patrol I sunk the large CV Zuikaku, but no other ship, in the rules it gives no award for this; and I'am wondering if this was right historically ( can you image the media stir when they got back to Pearl over this sinking)Can anyone comment on the historical fact or fiction on this situation; Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Micheal Marks
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You get a Navy Cross if you sink a Capital Ship I believe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
Totus tuus ego sum, et omnia mea tua sunt.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sguard wrote:
On my patrol I sunk the large CV Zuikaku, but no other ship, in the rules it gives no award for this; and I'am wondering if this was right historically ( can you image the media stir when they got back to Pearl over this sinking)Can anyone comment on the historical fact or fiction on this situation; Thanks

Hi Tyrone. Michael is correct, you would get a Navy Cross. The applicable rule can be found in section 11.3.4 of the rulebook:

[11.3.4] To receive the Navy Cross, a player must return from patrol having sunk at least 5 ships (or at least 1 Capital Ship). The Navy Cross has 3 game effects.

Happy hunting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone Newby
Canada
Tupperville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guy's I don't know how I missed that rule; this is the first Capital Ship I ever sunk since I've been playing this game(damaged a few but never sunk one)( I don't know if you calk it up to rotten luck or it is a very slim event when you sink one of these babies). That was exciting; now I want to sink more of these capital ships;if I do sink more of these ships in the campaign ,I just add stars to the Navy Cross;right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Monnat Jr
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Hourglass Realm D&D 5e Play by Forum (PbF) Campaign DM (we'd love to have you join us!)
badge
U.S.S. Tautog (SSN 639) doing an emergency blow with me on it (see profile for details)
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't run across one, yet. That was great hunting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Adams
United States
Norridge
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
I came across a CV once. During daylight right after losing my periscope..........
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Smith
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
sguard wrote:
Thanks guy's I don't know how I missed that rule; this is the first Capital Ship I ever sunk since I've been playing this game(damaged a few but never sunk one)( I don't know if you calk it up to rotten luck or it is a very slim event when you sink one of these babies). That was exciting; now I want to sink more of these capital ships;if I do sink more of these ships in the campaign ,I just add stars to the Navy Cross;right.

Hey Tyrone,

Gratz on your Navy Cross! And yes, if you were to sink another capital ship (or ship 5 ships on a patrol) you would trade in your Navy Cross for one with a star on it. That denotes a "second award." In game terms, subsequent awards have no impact on play, but I figured players would want their "bling" to be historically accurate

Take care,

Greg
Game Designer.

PS The Skipper cards in the game are a direct result of Tyrone's creation of Kommandant cards as an addon for "The Hunters." He should be given three cheers! Was a great idea of his.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Smith
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MJA1967 wrote:
I came across a CV once. During daylight right after losing my periscope..........

The game can be very cruel in very strange ways....

Greg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone Newby
Canada
Tupperville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the praise Greg ;That makes this old soldier feel good, and means a lot coming from you(also you can get U-Boat Logo's from uboat.net and I got all my U.S sub Logo's from google image). Now as you know wargamers always want more ; I hope you feel someday up to the challenge to make a game about PT Boats in the Pacific(designed like Silent Victory)--there could be a great story line to this type of game. May you have a long life and your die always rolls in your favor!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.