20 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Boardgame Soundtracks. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Guy Smiley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I have found that playing Ticket to Ride is even more fun for both me and the kids when accompanied by a play list of songs that regularly mention the names of places on the board....https://open.spotify.com/user/clareandguy/playlist/4BMpog1B2...

Inspired by this, I've just completed a similar Pandemic playlist, with added disease/medical themed songs...https://open.spotify.com/user/clareandguy/playlist/1BqRkgStC...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
whistle What should PLAY during the "Donner PARTY" 'playings'? zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Admiral Thrawn
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Yes! Whenever we play a game with a pirate theme I will turn on the Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack.

Flying Frog used to make a soundtrack for all of their games as well. Didn't do it that I am aware of for their newest one, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Graves
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HPGR_Thrawn wrote:
Yes! Whenever we play a game with a pirate theme I will turn on the Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack.

Flying Frog used to make a soundtrack for all of their games as well. Didn't do it that I am aware of for their newest one, though.

Yeah, I have the LNoE CD, but I don't own a CD player. Maybe I can trade it at the used CD store...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B
Sweden
Umeå
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
we mainly use ambient stuff + some songs from horror/fantasy soundtracks that aren't too wild and crazy.

a lot of good stuff here for dungeon crawler/horror/sci-fi moods: http://tabletopaudio.com/

also The Thing soundtrack works for most horror games zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bort
Australia
Brisbane
Qld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:

Anything by Fine Young Cannibals?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bort
Australia
Brisbane
Qld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HPGR_Thrawn wrote:
Flying Frog used to make a soundtrack for all of their games as well.

I listened (well, I started to listen) to their soundtrack for Conquest of Planet Earth: The Space Alien Game

And it was...a thing, I guess

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hickle
United States
Crown Point
Indiana
flag msg tools
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out this GeekList for a whole bunch of soundtrack suggestions: GAME ENHANCING MUSIC: Playlists for Board Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Anderson
United States
Elk Grove Village
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been hoping to find a Thunderstorm and/or "Creaky Old House" mp3 for Mansions of Madness. Any that are touted as "free" don't seem to be. They're either files I can't open and probably virus ridden and I don't want to or simply aren't free.
Also not interested in registering for any site whatsoever to get it if I don't have to.
I'm a rabid Anti-Registrite.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meh...I think that is a little too much, just play the game with whatever is on the radio or playlist.

If you really need to have a specific theme music channel make one with pandora or Spotify.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bort
Australia
Brisbane
Qld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A3RKev wrote:
I've been hoping to find a Thunderstorm

Thunderstorms are easy - lots of them as relaxation music, and they go for hours too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmb
My friend Matt brings his ipod with the full Battlestar Galactica soundtrack for whenever we play BSG. Obvious soundtrack is obvious. But it really makes it great.

I don't remember how it started, but we now listen to Johnny Cash whenever we play Lewis & Clark.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Wrigley
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
GROGnads wrote:

Cannibal Corpse. Your welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paradox Games
msg tools
And I think there is a soundtrack that comes with the following games:

Space Alert: The New Frontier
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/61492/space-ale...

Tokaido: Deluxe or Collectors Editions
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/186375/tokaido-deluxe-ed...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Buchanan
China
Shenyang
Liaoning
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A3RKev wrote:
I've been hoping to find a Thunderstorm and/or "Creaky Old House" mp3 for Mansions of Madness. Any that are touted as "free" don't seem to be. They're either files I can't open and probably virus ridden and I don't want to or simply aren't free.

I know it's not quite what you're looking for, but I thought this might be worth bringing to your (and others) attention.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Raw-Fear-Ultimate-Horror-Experience...

I picked up a second hand copy a few years ago and whilst the rest of the stuff found it's way elsewhere, the sound effects CD stayed (and was backed up in MP3 format).
Rather than the usual sound effects track, most of the tracks are dead air, with the actual sound being played at what feels like random intervals (especially with shuffle on). The sounds include all sorts of horror far, thunderstrikes, creaky doors, strange moans, etc and can help with ambience.

I'd say it would be nice for Mansions, Betrayal or other such games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B
Sweden
Umeå
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
A3RKev wrote:
Also not interested in registering for any site whatsoever to get it if I don't have to.
I'm a rabid Anti-Registrite.

maybe my post above you offers some help? our Betrayal on the house on the hill is 70% of ambient stuff from here: http://tabletopaudio.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe McIntyre
United States
Grand Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
GROGnads wrote:

Donner Party (All Night) by Alkaline Trio

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sal A.
Saudi Arabia
flag msg tools
I found this website in the Board Games subreddit and i tried it and it was good.
http://melodice.org/
You just put the name of the board game and it will start playing a playlist that people made.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher Hickman
United States
St. Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
We almost always do this. Our group is big on theme, so we always try to find music that fits the mood. It immerses us a little bit deeper, allows us to buy in a little more. Definitely definitely always do this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm generally neutral about music and soundtracks with board gaming. Some of the good stuff from the Battlestar Galactica soundtrack did set the mood when we played the board game, but otherwise, it still wasn't really "needed".

Contrast that with video games... when I play those, it's almost a crime to not listen to the music when playing those. I've added no small # of soundtracks to my "mental faves list" over the years from popular franchises and indie titles alike.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.