Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Troy Creamer
United States
Arlington Heights
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I am trying to figure out how to store this game now that i got both expansions. The expansion boxes are flimsy and open from the bottom or top making it hard to store stuff in them. Anyone figure out a simple storage solution for this game with both new expansions? I super glued my figures into the bases since they don't sit nicely into their bases usually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmb
gecko1919 wrote:
So I am trying to figure out how to store this game now that i got both expansions. The expansion boxes are flimsy and open from the bottom or top making it hard to store stuff in them. Anyone figure out a simple storage solution for this game with both new expansions? I super glued my figures into the bases since they don't sit nicely into their bases usually.

We're in the exact same situation.

Im about to buy a large Plano tackle box and just use the game box for display purposes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Flanagan
United States
Santa Cruz
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Look in this thread

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1642210/storage-solutio...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmb
theflan045 wrote:

Having one regular sized Plano along with the base box being stuffed is not a bad route to take. For me, that or just getting a large Plano tackle box to store everything are the two best options. Well..assuming you dont have the 1st edition base box to use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Norman
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My shelf space is now at a premium, so I ended up putting everything into the core box (I have both of the "new" expansions). I also super-glued the monsters that came in the core box to their bases, but didn't do that for the expansions. It's tight, but all fits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soylent Green
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Stop hovering over me!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I tossed the black bases... any monsters that can self stand I just clipped off the nubs and the smaller ones I rebased on clear bases.

Everything fits in the one box very nicely if you don't need the bases.

I suspect I could fit another expansion in if more tiles and a few more minis were to arrive.

Edit: I have base game and both 2e expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Velox
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
I have no problem storing the monsters in a separate box. Since they can be used in multiple Lovecraft games, I figure just give them their own box and bring them out for an appropriate game. I keep everything else for this game inside the 2nd edition box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Wilson
United Kingdom
Plymouth
flag msg tools
There Can Be Only One! The Wrong One!
mbmbmbmbmb
StarryAqua wrote:
I have no problem storing the monsters in a separate box. Since they can be used in multiple Lovecraft games, I figure just give them their own box and bring them out for an appropriate game. I keep everything else for this game inside the 2nd edition box.

+1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmb
StarryAqua wrote:

If said box was a game box for MoM, then Id be ALL about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
So for me I have the main components (cards, tokens etc) in the main box, tiles are all in the Suppressed Memories box (I had 1st edition base so that's all I needed) and monsters are stored between the 1st edition box and a separate unrelated box. Once this game gets a big box expansion I plan to turn it into another monster storage solution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R.P. Kraul
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
SoylentRed wrote:
I tossed the black bases... any monsters that can self stand I just clipped off the nubs and the smaller ones I rebased on clear bases.

Everything fits in the one box very nicely if you don't need the bases.

I suspect I could fit another expansion in if more tiles and a few more minis were to arrive.

Edit: I have base game and both 2e expansions.

That the most important thing: trash those awful bases. I did a foam insert. There's plenty of room in that cavernous box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmb
vincentdante wrote:
So for me I have the main components (cards, tokens etc) in the main box, tiles are all in the Suppressed Memories box (I had 1st edition base so that's all I needed) and monsters are stored between the 1st edition box and a separate unrelated box. Once this game gets a big box expansion I plan to turn it into another monster storage solution.

The Suppressed Memories box doesnt collapse from the weight of the tiles?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jnowak415 wrote:
vincentdante wrote:

The Suppressed Memories box doesnt collapse from the weight of the tiles?

It has held so far and makes for convenient storage. If it should fail in the future though I should have alternative storage from the recently announced expansion (if the price is right for a small box) so all is good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Virginia
msg tools
I thought about building a foamcore box for the expansion box to include tiles, cards, and tokens. I ended up scrapping the idea and buying a separate box for the minatures. I'm keeping the big guys, the tiles and tokens in the 2nd ed. box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Long
msg tools
I've made a foamcore insert to slide in and out of the expansion boxes. Should keep my painted minis secure in the compartments as long as it isn't thrown about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Tamsen
msg tools
They really shouldn't be allowed to get away with those flimsy excuses of a box.... But oh well.

What I did was to create a small slideable box out of foamcore to go within the original flimsy cardboard box excuse. This box would then hold every item from this specific expansion. I think the result turned out ok'ish.

I would like some more room for the characters, but I think I'll extract those to a separate container along with the other characters once I get around to getting them all painted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Wells
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First off, Danny your skill with foam core is amazing.

Personally, i'm going with just foam trays since i have a ton from other games in 2" and 4" varieties. I've already committed a large case that carries this, Super Dungeon Explore and Descent: 2nd Edition in an attractive treasure-chest looking package, so I've got room to spare.

The other part is that its the same box I use for DMing, and my miniatures for that draw from these three games exclusively (though primarily Super Dungeon Explore since its minis are the most versatile) and its really nice to have everything within arms reach.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefanie
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
For now I just plan on keeping the miniatures in one or two cardboard photo storage boxes. You can find them at just about any big box store for 3 to 5 dollars. It's easy to put a sticker label on them and if you have Eldrtich Horror like I do you can easily use the miniatures for that game also. I will paint them and use clear bases then put them in small storage bags to help keep them intact. I'll put all of Mansions Tiles , tokens and cards in the core box. I don't plan on traveling with them, if I did I would consider a mini storage carrying case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.