$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 134.37

7,842 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
49.4% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » General

Subject: New Red Sand Cycle Announcement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tommy Roman
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Daedalus Complex is the first data pack for next cycle on FFG preview page. Mars, here we come!

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/10/10/daedal...

Lots of interesting goodies here in the previews.





Zed 1.0 gets a promotion (because he was played so often) and there is apparently a new card type: clan. This fits in well with the expanded lore that The Worlds of Android discussed regarding Martian colonists. Unfortunately, the Shipment from Tennin card is obscured, but hopefully joins an established line of useful Corp cards (Mirrormorph and San San).

It also seems that this cycle is, in part, focusing on the much-neglected Weyland mechanism of accumulating advancement tokens with this new Weyland ID and upgrade (but at the cost of a forfeited agenda).





[Edit: spelling and graphics]
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
tommygunn2011 wrote:
Daedalus Complex is the first data pack for next cycle on FFG preview page. Mars, here we come!

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/10/10/daedal...

Lots of interesting goodies here in the previews.





Zed 1.0 gets a promotion (because he was played so often) and there is apparently a new card type: clan. This fits in well with the expanded lore that The Worlds of Android discussed regarding Martian colonists. Unfortunately, the Shipment from Tennin card is obscured, but hopefully joins an established line of useful Corp cards (Mirrormorph and San San).

It also seems that this cycle is, in part, focusing on the much-neglected Weyland mechanism of accumulating advancement tokens with this new Weyland ID and upgrade (but at the cost of a forfeited agenda).





[Edit: spelling and graphics]


Zed remains my great white whale. I think when this comes out, I'll try another zed deck.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm liking the idea of MCA Informant. The text is a bit obscured but it's pretty clear you host this on a connection and it gives the connection a condition (in this case, tagged) and an ability [click] and 2 credits to trash this connection.

Your connection really does become an informant, ratting on you to the corp, putting you at risk. You can either live with that risk or cut them off. That's pretty cool!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ACGalaga wrote:
I'm liking the idea of MCA Informant. The text is a bit obscured but it's pretty clear you host this on a connection and it gives the connection runner a condition (in this case, tagged plus one tag) and an ability [click] and 2 credits to trash this connection.

Your connection really does become an informant, ratting on you to the corp, putting you at risk. You can either live with that risk or cut them off. That's pretty cool!


Beautiful piece of card design. (also minor edit to your post)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
CommissarFeesh wrote:
ACGalaga wrote:
I'm liking the idea of MCA Informant. The text is a bit obscured but it's pretty clear you host this on a connection and it gives the connection runner a condition (in this case, tagged plus one tag) and an ability [click] and 2 credits to trash this connection.

Your connection really does become an informant, ratting on you to the corp, putting you at risk. You can either live with that risk or cut them off. That's pretty cool!


Beautiful piece of card design. (also minor edit to your post)


Love the theme!

However, the wording is still a bit different than mentioned above and someone spotted a potential problem... the corp card "Corporate Troubleshooter" is also a connection. The only corp connection. So now people are thinking that you can install it on the upgrade to give the runner a tag, and now only the corp can click to trash it.

Quote:
(Host MCA) Informant on a connection as a (condition) counter with the text "The (runner is) considered to have 1 additional tag. The (connection) gains '[click], 2c: Trash this card'"


Either the missing text might be a little clearer and say something different or I hope they errata Corporat Troubleshooter.... because I could imigine it be really difficult to get into that server and trash the card before the end of your turn... "Boom!!!"
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ACGalaga wrote:
CommissarFeesh wrote:
ACGalaga wrote:
I'm liking the idea of MCA Informant. The text is a bit obscured but it's pretty clear you host this on a connection and it gives the connection runner a condition (in this case, tagged plus one tag) and an ability [click] and 2 credits to trash this connection.

Your connection really does become an informant, ratting on you to the corp, putting you at risk. You can either live with that risk or cut them off. That's pretty cool!


Beautiful piece of card design. (also minor edit to your post)


Love the theme!

However, the wording is still a bit different than mentioned above and someone spotted a potential problem... the corp card "Corporate Troubleshooter" is also a connection. The only corp connection. So now people are thinking that you can install it on the upgrade to give the runner a tag, and now only the corp can click to trash it.

Quote:
(Host MCA) Informant on a connection as a (condition) counter with the text "The (runner is) considered to have 1 additional tag. The (connection) gains '[click], 2c: Trash this card'"


Either the missing text might be a little clearer and say something different or I hope they errata Corporat Troubleshooter.... because I could imigine it be really difficult to get into that server and trash the card before the end of your turn... "Boom!!!"


Oh god yeah, that's a dicey prospect. I mean, he IS trashable, but in a secure server (i.e. runner lacks the breaker or funds) that could be game over.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron E.
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen mixed reactions so far toward Jemison Astronautics, with the negative reactions centered around the fact that you have to forfeit agendas to trigger the id ability. If we only had the current card pool to work from, I may have ended up on the negative side.

But enter Oberth Protocol, it is the ultimate synergy with Jemison. Now you can install a 5/3 into a server with an installed Oberth, sac a hostile takeover to rez Oberth (using id ability to put 2 adv counters on the 5/3, advance once (gaining bonus adv counter with Oberth) and advance a final time to fast advance a 5/3 out of hand. So many more combos as well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vander Dlonk
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb


Mars! Yes!! I was hoping for Mars as I will close out my collection with the last cycle before rotation.

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Gravett
United States
Savannah
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MrAaronSA wrote:
I've seen mixed reactions so far toward Jemison Astronautics, with the negative reactions centered around the fact that you have to forfeit agendas to trigger the id ability. If we only had the current card pool to work from, I may have ended up on the negative side.

But enter Oberth Protocol, it is the ultimate synergy with Jemison. Now you can install a 5/3 into a server with an installed Oberth, sac a hostile takeover to rez Oberth (using id ability to put 2 adv counters on the 5/3, advance once (gaining bonus adv counter with Oberth) and advance a final time to fast advance a 5/3 out of hand. So many more combos as well.

I really like how sacrificing agendas is becoming a stronger Weyland mechanic. Sacking Hostile Takeover to get an Archer has always been a strong play. Sacking agendas for a kill would absolutely be in Weyland's wheelhouse.

Thing that concerns me is using agenda counters as currency. That tends to be either halfway-to-broken, like Astroscript, or neat but kinda useless, like Trick of Light or advanceable ice. They're so important to the game but so few of them are needed for a win.

dlonk wrote:
Mars! Yes!! I was hoping for Mars as I will close out my collection with the last cycle before rotation.

Oh jeez that sneaked up really quickly. Red Sand is cycle #7. When the first pack after Red Sand is finished goes on sale, we'll lose Genesis and Spin. Three packs left in Flashpoint, then six in Red Sand, then we lose Plascrete Carapace....

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
swankidelic wrote:
dlonk wrote:
Mars! Yes!! I was hoping for Mars as I will close out my collection with the last cycle before rotation.

Oh jeez that sneaked up really quickly. Red Sand is cycle #7. When the first pack after Red Sand is finished goes on sale, we'll lose Genesis and Spin. Three packs left in Flashpoint, then six in Red Sand, then we lose Plascrete Carapace....



Eh, I've not touched a Plascrete in months, I've got stolen Sports Hoppers now. I'm more concerned about losing Action Jackson
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.