4,739 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
29.9% of Goal | 28 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » ACT (Canberra)

Subject: Canberra group order for Ferox... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Low
Australia
Canberra BC
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found out about Ferox from the Games only YOU have played in September 2016 geeklist. It's two-player, card-driven, asymmetric: theme is a crashed film crew trying to escape from a cannibal-infested jungle (or, to take the alternate viewpoint, noble savages defending their lands from violent interlopers).

What really drew me to it was the "Rage" mechanism (that gives the game its name, from the Latin), which moves activity points between the players. Your atrocities drain you, but encourage atrocities from the other side in return (etc.).

Oh, and this game is not for children devil Think Tarzan meets Quentin Tarantino Grindhouse/Death Proof, etc. More info on the publisher's website, http://craftfairgames.com (specifically http://craftfairgames.com/2015/09/ferox-2/).

Anyway, it's USD30 plus shipping, which is USD20 for a single copy. Kitchen table operation, but they are willing to post at-cost for a group order, if we let them know how many copies we're after.

So, if anyone is interested, post here! In a few days, I'll let them know how many copies we're after. Or if it's just me Usual story: pickup/delivery in/around Canberra; payment on arrival is fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kon Stavrinos
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
David,

I watched the tutorial videos, and thought this looks good.
but the clincher was this video.

Put me down for one
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torben Vang
Australia
Franklin
ACT
flag msg tools
No. Seriously. I mean it this time. I'm one of the good guys. Really!
badge
Inconceivable!
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you find out how much the X copies you are definitely getting cost and then ask what X+1 costs? I'm interested but not sure who I'd actually play it with so would like to get a firm idea of the actual cost before making a final decision. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra BC
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can try - but the idea was that they'd box up whatever we wanted, then take it to the Post Office and get a quote. Not entirely sure if they'll want to box up 2 *and* box up 3, for example; but I'll ask!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torben Vang
Australia
Franklin
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
Inconceivable!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah. Fair enough. Obviously I'm too used to Kickstarter groups.

I'll give it some more consideration and let you know but, if you need to go ahead before I get back to you, then go without me. In that case, I'll just be sad when you say how good it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
They explained everything in detail and at great length. After they finished I sat, despondent, contemplating a bleak and empty future. "I’m glad you’re depressed" said one. "It means you’ve understood the situation.”
mbmbmbmbmb
Not in but that video was awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra BC
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shipping for two is a minor saving (circa USD35), but for three actually goes up (circa USD56), so I've given the go-ahead for a two-pack. Torben, standing on the side of the river, waiting for the first two crossers to tell him how cold/deep the water was, has been eaten by cannibals devil

The website price is already quite keen: turns out that the USD20 single-copy shipping is already a slight discount for distant lands like Oz. So once Kon and I tell the rest of you how good it is (!), ordering a single copy (or another two-pack) would be the way to go. Variations in the $A versus the USD are likely to be more of a saving/cost than quoted shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torben Vang
Australia
Franklin
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
Inconceivable!
mbmbmbmbmb
Argh. Gurgle...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.