Hide
3 Posts

Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Guns, 2 by 4's, and knives rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Harry P Ness
msg tools
I've played this game twice now. Just some interesting observations here.

So we had a tommy gun in the group and I had the idea that after the player with the gun fired it twice, the next player could use one action to take the gun and fire it with the second action. Rinse and repeat with other players with the last player firing twice.

Or if you have one player with a terrible agility this could be better: Bad Agility player can spend one action to take the gun from the player who has already fired it. Then use the second action to give the gun to the other player with good agility.

We only used the hand-off to get an extra attack with the weapon one time. Only one person had superior agility, so he just kept the tommy gun weapon.

I played father Mateo in both games. Man does he not fight well with the knife. At least not against cultists. It was painful how little damage it did even when I was successful in hitting with it: 1 damage, and the cultist had 8 or 10 hitpoints... When I was unsuccessful it actually caused Mateo to stab himself. People were laughing about how bad it was.

Compared to the doctor with the 2x4 it was no comparison. The doctor beat enemies into submission easily. Especially with me focusing him using my character's ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Delahunty
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
procrastinate wrote:
Bad Agility player can spend one action to take the gun from the player who has already fired it. Then use the second action to give the gun to the other player with good agility.

The trade action is a bit of a free-for-all. As long as everyone's in the same space, they get to participate. (I've wondered if this is a bit over-powered) You should have only had to spend one action to do this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T McC
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Good call on the gun hand-off, hadn't thought of that and seems like it could be a good way to do big damage when needed. Then again, we've played almost ten times and haven't had the tommy gun yet (and only got the .45s once or twice), so there hasn't really been a whole lot of firepower in our adventures....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.