Popular Tags: [View All]
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Posting to make sure I'm not missing something. Playing solo extermination and both of my objectives require 4 gun symbols be placed on them.

If I take 3 wounds and lose a die, I lose the mission then-correct?

I guess that's fine, but it seems like the experience would be smoothed out playing with 5 dice solo. Just feels a bit strange that it's that frail of an experience when playing solo. Otherwise it felt fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ROBERTO M
Mexico
Puerto Vallarta
Jalisco
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Wonky Solo Game
Actually, when you play solo you use five dice. It's in the rulebook, last page, numer 18: Solo game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
elwatoplus wrote:
Actually, when you play solo you use five dice. It's in the rulebook, last page, numer 18: Solo game.

Ha! Thanks, was hoping I missed something. Even looked back through and missed that some how.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank La Terra
Australia
flag msg tools
You probably missed you are supposed to play it the same as a 2 player game as well!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ugh. I'm going to re-read the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michail Giannis
Greece
Petroupoli/Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You may got the rules wrong but your observation remain.

You start with 5 dice (solo)
You lose 2 dice because you got hit enough times and drop to 3 dice.

IF your mission requires for a 4 tile (exterminate or detonation) you have to forfeit the game EVEN though you aren't dead and you still have a good 3 dice-life to do as you please.

In a 2 player game even with both players having 2 dice each you still got a chance to beat it (a slim yeah but a chance non the less).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MountainRoot wrote:
You may got the rules wrong but your observation remain.

You start with 5 dice (solo)
You lose 2 dice because you got hit enough times and drop to 3 dice.

IF your mission requires for a 4 tile (exterminate or detonation) you have to forfeit the game EVEN though you aren't dead and you still have a good 3 dice-life to do as you please.

In a 2 player game even with both players having 2 dice each you still got a chance to beat it (a slim yeah but a chance non the less).

Yes, in retrospect that doesn't feel unfair though (to automatically lose the scenario if you lose 2 dice). I played poorly and lost a bunch of wounds because I ended a phase right in the walking path of two aliens.

Five dice feels right, at least I can console myself with the fact that my gut feeling was actually the correct rule.

I usually don't mess up rules this badly and apologize for the needless thread. I'd delete it if possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
charlest wrote:
I usually don't mess up rules this badly and apologize for the needless thread. I'd delete it if possible.

Oh, I don't know... I'd leave it as a reference for other players.

I only saw the "solo player gets 5 dice" rule myself last Wednesday... AFTER I'd played 5 games solo!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.