Elliott Harding
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone,

Playing Pharaoh With the Blue Eyes.

I came across Jax. He damaged me while I had a Critical Failure.

I took the status effect card, Infected, which had Vampirism.

What does it mean, "When you damage another player..." Why would I want to do that?

I read the rule book and found something called "Fully Infected".

What does this all mean. Am I playing correctly? Is there a down side to being a vampire because it feels like I have only bonuses now?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
eharding wrote:
Hey everyone,

Playing Pharaoh With the Blue Eyes.

I came across Jax. He damaged me while I had a Critical Failure.

I took the status effect card, Infected, which had Vampirism.

What does it mean, "When you damage another player..." Why would I want to do that?

I read the rule book and found something called "Fully Infected".

What does this all mean. Am I playing correctly? Is there a down side to being a vampire because it feels like I have only bonuses now?

Thanks!

Hi Elliot!

Sorry for the delay on response... Basically, you had a really bad luck situation happen here... Becoming Fully Infected means that for all intents, constructions, and purposes, you've become an Evil Traitor now winning the game if your partners lose the game

We've put in an alternate rule in the very possible instance that you "Dont want to be a traitor!"

The Alternate Infected Rules state:

"If you gain the "Fully Infected" status effect, but don't wish to work against the other players, you can instead let your adventurer die and, as normal, choose a new one. When you do, place an elite creature on your room that represents the now-transformed evil adventurer."

So in general, if you want to keep playing cooperatively, that's an "Insta-death situation"

I hope that explains it! Im here to help if you have more questions!

Thanks,

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliott Harding
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Chris!

Additional question:

If I continue to play by trying to keep my now opponent from completing the objective, do I get a point of health for each point of damage I inflict (monster or player) even if I use a weapon such as a gun?

Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bredon
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember, when Jax Evermourning hits you, you do not immediately become a vampire - you are merely infected, and will lose 4 health per status phase. You will still win with the other players. It is possible to remove the status before becoming a vampire (you can remove the status via the Soul Monger, for example).
If you die while still infected, you become a vampire at that point, and will win if the other players lose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliott Harding
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Aaron.

With the wording on Jax's card,I thought I instantly became a vampire.

How do the 0,1 and 2 numbers work on infected. Will I only lose 4 health for two up keeps and then the card is discarded and I'm healthy?

Also, will I gain health for each damage inflicted while being a vampire even if I use a gun to do the damage?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bredon
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The 0,1,2 rotation numbers on infected are a leftover from pre-release rules, and don't mean anything. you merely lose health every status phase until you 'die' (become fully infected and a traitor), get rid of the status, or the game ends.
When something gives you 'Infected: Vampire' you turn into a Vampire if you become fully infected. With just 'Infected' you have to roll a die when you become fully infected to see what you become.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Aaron for explaining those rules

Much appreciated!

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.