Popular Tags: [View All]
Asger Harding Granerud
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
Soon to be published!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I'm anxiously pressing F5 waiting for reviews to come in. We've sent out lots of copies, but alas a little too late to give people proper lead time to have them ready in advance of Essen. I still hope that they will start popping in over the coming days, so I'm still wearing down the F5 button!

Thankfully the tidbits of news we have been getting have all been positive so far. That is encouraging However there has been some off site BGG things happening, and if you find more, feel free to list them below!

-------

First we have Anki from cyclingboardgames.net. He probably owns the world's largest collection of cycling boardgames, and certainly the largest website on them! "It looks great and plays even better."

---

From Poland we have a full review coming in, but relying on google translate is never great
Original article in Polish
Direct to google translated version into English

---

From Finland and a cycling magazine (not boardgaming focussed), came this review. Unfortunately they've not had the chance to try the mountain stages yet!
The original Finnish article
Google translated version

---

In the podcast section I haven't found any reviews, but just some pre Essen anticipation by The Game Pit. It is the first game they address in the podcast.

-------

Please help me add more stuff to this list if you find anything out there that I missed

Happy Racing
Asger Granerud
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duarte
Portugal
Ponte de Lima
Ponte de Lima
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you have a slot on BGGtv at Essen? You should.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On the newest Gaming Rules!, episode 42(7:05 mark), some guy mentions Flamme Rouge & also Honshu as his two most anticipated games from Essen. Oh, that was me. whistle Paul and Efka discussed them a little bit.

I've also reached out to lautapelit.fi via the only email I could find, seeking some release information and such, but have not received any response.

Looking forward to seeing and hearing more about Flamme Rouge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meghan Naxer
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I heard about Flamme Rouge on the Low Player Count Podcast in their "Essen 2p Games Preview List 2016" Episode from Sept. 27th.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Harding Granerud
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
Soon to be published!
mbmbmbmbmb
Dna_Boy wrote:
Do you have a slot on BGGtv at Essen? You should.

Yes, Saturday at 1530

Downloading Gaming Rules! as I write.

Asger
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Harding Granerud
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
Soon to be published!
mbmbmbmbmb
One more first impression creeping in

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/215431/item/4949133#item4...

Happy racing
Asger Granerud
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Mullet
United Kingdom
Exeter
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right about Google translate: "Option 3-bed is very pleasant" & "GUINEA PIGS FOR LICENSING DRIVERS AND BOARD GAMERS" were some of my favourite more bizarre moments of the autotranslation of the reviews. Looking forward to trying the game & great to see a designer so enthusiastically engaged in getting word about their game out there!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Mullet
United Kingdom
Exeter
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're looking for UK based cycling magazines to review the game I'd recommend trying http://cyclistmag.co.uk or the magazines run by bikeradar.com (added bonus with them is that they seem to post their product reviews online at a later date)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Harding Granerud
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
Soon to be published!
mbmbmbmbmb
Other UK reviews arrived!

http://www.creakingshelves.com/flamme-rouge-review/

Happy racing
Asger Granerud

PS And Jean-Michel reviewed it here on BGG. He's played it 30 times in two weeks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mesa
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Can't wait to try this, Asger! I'm a big fan of 13 Days, and Um Reifenbreite, so I'm excited to see your take on this genre.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric Booth reviewed Flamme Rouge this week on the What Did You Play This Week Podcast! Starts at the 21:47 mark.

Direct Download

I had no idea we had a copy for review on the way for the show or I would have never asked prior to Essen, Asger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Harding Granerud
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
Soon to be published!
mbmbmbmbmb
No worries, Brandon. I've had some help organizing the review copies, so wasn't on top of overlaps either

Hunter und Cron also published an interview with me: https://boardgamegeek.com/video/115040/flamme-rouge/hunter-c...

Regards
Asger
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.