Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefan
Germany
flag msg tools
I love Games with ~~~ THEME ~~~~
badge
I don't have hobbies I have *p@ssions*
mbmbmbmbmb
Next year there will be the 500. anniversary of the start of the Reformation. I really think Ed and GMT should consider a special (super deluxe?) reprint for that....or are there already plans...?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Sample
United States
MILFORD
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GMT already has a production pipeline that is running at full capacity. The current edition is already pretty nice with a mounted mapboard and chunky counters. I wouldn't want to see an enlarged map, because the game, once you have the charts and player mats out along the map, already has a pretty big footprint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Entner
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The latest GMT update, at http://myemail.constantcontact.com/GMT-Update--September-16-..., says that the reprint is tentatively scheduled for release 2Q/2017. It sounds like a straight reprint, which if it's the same as the second printing, would count at least as "deluxe" (IMHO).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kraus
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The only thing I wish they had on the playing board that they don't is the table for exploration/conquest rolls. It gets annoyingly tedious trying to find the sheet of cardstock or the location in the rulebook for those every turn. I feel like there was plenty of room on the board for it right next to the New World display.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan
Germany
flag msg tools
I love Games with ~~~ THEME ~~~~
badge
I don't have hobbies I have *p@ssions*
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, there is alot I could imagine to make even more special than "just" deluxe:
- I really dislike it (same in VQ) how difficult it is tell which religious state a city has and to which country it belongs. One solution would be to make the religigious/political status visable by counters, a bit bigger than the city and the counters covering it, or even make them just like rings around the cities.
- Give some more historical backgroundinformations/designers notes with the game

entner wrote:
The latest GMT update, at http://myemail.constantcontact.com/GMT-Update--September-16-..., says that the reprint is tentatively scheduled for release 2Q/2017. It sounds like a straight reprint, which if it's the same as the second printing, would count at least as "deluxe" (IMHO).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McD
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A double sided board would be cool. One that represents a severe Calvinist aesthetic, the other the most baroque flourishes of the counter reformation.

Or cards with two ends, identical, but the writing could be very pejoratively written with a bias to reformation or counter reformation depending on which way up you hold it. So reformation and counter reformation states gets to read the same event in a totally different way.

Just silly fun things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.