Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fergus Conolly
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a KS backer of the original I've still yet to receive the 'Problems with Puffballs' Scenario. Also not sure what the 'Backer Crew' characters are.. can anyone advise?

Has anyone else out there got any of this stuff? I think some of it was due to be produced / shipped as part of the Damage Report: On Fire second KS campaign - but unfortunately it failed?

Despite repeated promises and communication with BFR Games since May 2014 I've not got anywhere...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Courtight
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I first got the game from KS I received the problem with puffballs with it.

They must've made an error in your KS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Problems with Puffballs was included with the original game delivery for US backers at least.

They said they were going to ship the backer exclusive crew later, but have never done so. I bug them every now and then on the KS page about it, and they've always said "Oh, we'll ship them in a few weeks". They last said that in January. I don't think they are ever going to deliver, nor are they just going to admit it and put the files up so we can at least download them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarad Bond
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are we talking about Maria Vasquez? I'm pretty sure I got her. It was like a year after they fulfilled the original, but she eventually came (separately) for me. Puffballs were definitely included in the original shipping of the game.

I did not go in for the On Fire expansion during the original KS. I wasn't sure I would like it, so I waited. Maybe they planned to ship Maria with the expansion for those who opted for it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Are we talking about Maria Vasquez?

That was one of the two. Are you sure you got her?

This is getting odd...sounds like they are sending stuff out at random!

The game originally delivered in 2014; as of January 2016, on the KS website, they said they had not sent backer characters yet and would be doing so within a few weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarad Bond
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll verify tonight for sure. I would hate to spread disinformation. I'm pretty sure though. Mentally, I've checked off all the boxes on Damage Report's fulfillment.

I didn't realize there were two, though. I will definitely have to look back at the original campaign.

Edit: Yeah, I'm sure I have Zephyr too. That board looks very familiar.

Here's the update where they sent them all out:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bfrgames/damage-report/...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
logris wrote:

Here's the update where they sent them all out:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bfrgames/damage-report/...

That's from August 2015. On January 2016, they posted:

Quote:
We had planned on having all of the Baker Crew ready to ship out pre-holiday, but we only got some of them in to do this. The balance is printed, and will be coming over in the next few weeks.

Maybe they just sent out a small batch?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chearns
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it helps, I never got Maria (although I did get puffballs). Not that it really matters. Even if I got Maria, I'd have nothing to do with her, the game was a one and done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarad Bond
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, it appears that I got my extra characters. Both Maria and Zephyr. I didn't know that not everyone got them. =( That sucks.

I like the game quite a lot. Everyone who is okay with timed cooperative games really enjoyed themselves after a game. I wouldn't want play it a bunch of times in a row, but it comes out regularly for me. My only issue ever was with how the scenarios are presented given a number of players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, that is very bizarre. So apparently they sent out a few but not all?

This just gets stranger and stranger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarad Bond
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
StormKnight wrote:
Well, that is very bizarre. So apparently they sent out a few but not all?

This just gets stranger and stranger.

Yeah, I wasn't paying attention. It sounds like they got a short print run and maybe couldn't afford to run it again. They absolutely should post the images then, or send them out in a KS private email at least, so that people can print them if they want to.

Or they could actually be planning on fulfilling it with the On Fire expansion, which I assume they're still going to do when they figure out the logistics. I'm still in the market for it if they give us some decent value in pure cooperative gameplay (vs. overlord style) and clarifying the difficulty of existing scenarios. I'm certainly okay with adding an overlord style, but I won't be playing it, so it doesn't add anything for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fergus Conolly
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info guys. Pretty miffed that I don't have any of the crew OR Puffball scenario considering others have it. Not to mention a number of the timers arrived damaged...

I've contacted BFR games a few times now over the years and they've promised stuff - but nothing so far. Not sure really what to do next...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.