J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb

Quote:
The Russians engage in a sloppy disinformation effort and, before the day is out, the Republican nominee for president is standing on a stage reciting the manufactured story as truth. How did this happen? Who in the Trump campaign was feeding him falsehoods straight from the Kremlin? (The Trump campaign did not respond to a request for comment).
http://www.newsweek.com/vladimir-putin-sidney-blumenthal-hil...

Much more detailed info at the link.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lets be generous and assume his staff just troll the internet for anything bad about Clinton and then regurgitate it without criticism or fact checking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So just to be clear here. I provide info that a Democrat politician admits to writing a question for his actress/daughter and Hillary picks her out of the audience of all people and that to you is merely a coincidence.

But this is proof Trump is a Russian agent.

Holy shit, you really have jumped the shark.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
So just to be clear here. I provide info that a Democrat politician admits to writing a question for his actress/daughter and Hillary picks her out of the audience of all people and that to you is merely a coincidence.

Holy shit, you really have jumped the shark.
No, I think I said quite explicitly I did not think it is, just one of gross incompetence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeremy is now a reporter?

Show us the troof... and none of that Zionist main media stuff. Give us the real news culled from your exclusive sources (slack-jawed old dudes).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:

Of course that's not a coincidence. Town hall events are setup to call audience members for questions. Children getting help from parents on questions to ask is also routine.

Quote:

Of course not. Trump is not competent enough to be a Russian agent. We already know he or his staff trawl white supremacist sites for news, now we also know they frequent state run Russian propaganda sites. And they got had.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
Lets be generous and assume his staff just troll the internet for anything bad about Clinton and then regurgitate it without criticism or fact checking.

This was Josh Marshall's conclusion:

"In other words, don't worry. The Trump campaign isn't infiltrated by Russian intelligence (probably). They're just awash in neo-Nazi and white supremacist propaganda."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

This was Josh Marshall's conclusion:

"In other words, don't worry. The Trump campaign isn't infiltrated by Russian intelligence (probably). They're just awash in neo-Nazi and white supremacist propaganda."
I think that is closer to the truth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Bird
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:

the problem with this theory - and I agree it's the most generous theory - is that this particular bit of news only showed up in two places before Sputnik pulled it because they realized they had fucked up

1. Sputnik itself
2. White supremacist forums

so ask yourself, which of these two options is worse for Team Trump to be trawling for "news"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mightygodking wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

the problem with this theory - and I agree it's the most generous theory - is that this particular bit of news only showed up in two places before Sputnik pulled it because they realized they had fucked up

1. Sputnik itself
2. White supremacist forums

so ask yourself, which of these two options is worse for Team Trump to be trawling for "news"
It is possible they have an internet alert set up that tells then when anything anywhere has a story about Clinton.

As I said (in reply to another user) yes they most likely got this form far right sites, and just ran with it.

It is lazy and stupid, or a sign of the kind of people they take notice of.

Either way it is bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.