Hide
4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Game similar to Kingdom Death: Monsters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Lim
msg tools
Hey guys, years ago there's a kickstarter game similar to the KD: M but I can't remember what was that game called.

Please help me find out what the name of the game is or give me suggestions, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Smith

Colchester
essex
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dark Souls: The Board Game looks very nice but maybe too cult of the new.
Shadows of Brimstone: City of the Ancients and Myth are good and the missus would prolly accept the female characters more .
On the way is Folklore: The Affliction .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schneider
Germany
Fürth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KD:M is on my list for a long time and I've spent much time researching it but I've decided that KD:M is too expensive for me for what it offers. (I'm not a mini-builder-painter, I would buy it only for the gameplay)

In the last weeks I've found a game that gives me a similar feeling. Gloomhaven.
Well, without playing any of them, my opinion on this isn't well-founded.

Maybe there is someone, who knows more about both games than I do, who can say if I'm terribly wrong or if I have a point there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Morris
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CarlosSpicyweener wrote:
KD:M is on my list for a long time and I've spent much time researching it but I've decided that KD:M is too expensive for me for what it offers. (I'm not a mini-builder-painter, I would buy it only for the gameplay)

In the last weeks I've found a game that gives me a similar feeling. Gloomhaven.
Well, without playing any of them, my opinion on this isn't well-founded.

Maybe there is someone, who knows more about both games than I do, who can say if I'm terribly wrong or if I have a point there.

Well I backed Gloomhaven but it hasn't arrived yet and I've not played KD:M so it's hard to offer a definitive comparison.

However, I've spoken to a couple people that have KD:M and based on the conversations I've had, it seems that KD:M offers a gameplay experience that is singularly unique. It is quite similar in theme to Shadows of Brimstone, Myth, Gloomhaven, and a number of others, but the actual game play is something unto itself.

Like I said, I've not played either so I can't really offer any kind of description of the differences between KD:M and other similarly themed games. That said, if your primary interest is in a DM-less, campaign style game, then Shadows of Brimstone, Myth, and Gloomhaven, amongst others, aren't bad options.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.