Subject: Sacrifice and bonuses for in play champions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello

A lot of empire cards give you additional health/combat for other champions in play.

What if I sacrifice some of those champions?
I received the bonus for them and although they left the bonus still stays in the health/combat pool, correct?

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, bonuses are counted when the ability is played. They are not recounted after the number is changed (up or down).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see you are an expert ThinkingThatsAll, one additional small question which should be easy to answer for you.

Edit: Each other user may of course also answer ;P

After reading all cards and playing a lot of matches (and asking some questions) I am sure that I could handle ANY situation which could appear in a match but there is still 1 point I talked about with a friend:

If I play the Fleet HQ it has a permanent effect

So even if I scrap one of my ships which I got the 1 combat for the bonus remains.

My question:

The Starsoul Amulet reads "Gain 2 combat for each champion you have in play".

Is it also a permanent effect until the turn ends and it is placed in my discard pile?
Do I only get the bonus for champions that are in play as I play the the Amulet or also for champions which I play after the Amulet?
I argued with a friend if it's an one time effect or an effect which lasts the whole turn.
The other part is clear that the bonus remains even if the champions would be sacrificed.

Another question to be certain that I got it:

The Blade of Conquest reads "Each time you stun a champion this turn gain 2 health".

This is a permanent effect and I will get the bonus only if I play the card before I stun champions, correct?

I know I ask A LOT of details but I am always interested in every part of rules for a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Again, I haven't gotten my copy yet (or even a shipping notice, so I am going off of my understanding of Star Realms (and Epic and Magic) rules.

Roger the Alien wrote:
The Starsoul Amulet reads "Gain 2 combat for each champion you have in play".

Is it also a permanent effect until the turn ends and it is placed in my discard pile?
Do I only get the bonus for champions that are in play as I play the the Amulet or also for champions which I play after the Amulet?
I argued with a friend if it's an one time effect or an effect which lasts the whole turn.
The other part is clear that the bonus remains even if the champions would be sacrificed.

I would side with you. If you read Fleet HQ, you will notice that it give every ship you play a power, which is resolved when the ship is played. Once the ship is played, the combat it generates goes into your combat pool for that turn. The only way combat can leave the pool is if you spend it to destroy a base, if you use it to hurt your opponents authority, or if you end your turn with combat still in the pool. As I understand it, Hero Realms follows the same rules.

Now, looking at the wording on the Amulet, it does not give your items/events anything. It is just a single use ability that counts up your champions and gives you 2 combat for each.

Quote:
Another question to be certain that I got it:

The Blade of Conquest reads "Each time you stun a champion this turn gain 2 health".

This is a permanent effect and I will get the bonus only if I play the card before I stun champions, correct?

I know I ask A LOT of details but I am always interested in every part of rules for a game.

Again, I agree with you. You have to first play the card, then, any time you stun between the card being played and you ending your turn, you will get two health.

I am not sure of exact wording since I don't have exact rules pages to quote and I would love a WWG employee (or a rules lawyer) to come in and give the proper justification for each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ThinkingThatsAll wrote:
Now, looking at the wording on the Amulet, it does not give your items/events anything. It is just a single use ability that counts up your champions and gives you 2 combat for each.

The official answer I received: It counts what's in play when used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.