Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Agner Holm
Denmark
Aarhus C
Danmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I just noticed that the weapon called "Laser Magnum", seen here in the Adrenaline preview on the CGE website"http://czechgames.com/en/essen-2016/", is not include in the 21 weapons mentioned in the rulebook?
Was it removed from the game last second, or will it be sold later as a promo or what?
Just curious!whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Butler
United Kingdom
Village of Croston
Lancashire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Bah, looks like CGE have now edited it out - did you get a screenshot at all?

The more weapons the better, say I!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Agner Holm
Denmark
Aarhus C
Danmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, no screenshot. But Paul Grogan posted an "alternate art" whistle version on the gaming rules twitter.

https://twitter.com/GamingRulesVids/status/78552145285860556...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Butler
United Kingdom
Village of Croston
Lancashire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
For Gawd's sake, I don't see any weapon of analogous effect - meaning it's either cut or being purposefully held back, as you say, for sale as a separate standalone promo card. I hate when publishers pull such stunts (especially as its functions seem like an interesting tactical option) - if you are going to withold content from the base game, at least release a set of additional weapons, rather than singular pieces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Agner Holm
Denmark
Aarhus C
Danmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm fairly certain that this has nothing to due with with-holding content. I think the designer (understandably) wanted some form of consistency between then weapons in the base game. Chainsaw and laser magnum are the only two weapons we have seen that don't require ammo to reload. Without them it is a much more coherent package (from a design point) with 7 red, 7 blue and 7 yellow weapons... and it's not like there is a lack of weapon diversity in the box.

So I guess I understand why it was cut. Just hope to see it as a promo or in an expansion.

This seem like a fairly common way to go about designing a game. Make it a nice package and then release ideas that were "almost" good enough as promos to people who prefer variety over perfect balance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.