Discworld: Ankh-Morpork» Forums » Rules

Subject: Card interactions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Matt
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hey guys, i had some questions show up,sorry but my version is in greek so i wont mention the names..

so there is a wizard card,that lets you swap 2 followers on the board. i used it on a demon and a player's follower, he used the dog that stops you from moving the minion. Will the demon still go to the follower's place and the follower wont move or nothing will happen? (this can add trouble aswell)

when you swap two followers do you add trouble if there are more than 1 follower on the spaces?

Can you buy houses when there is a demon on the board but there is no trouble? (and you have a follower) the alley card doesnt work if there is a demon on board, right?

Someone played the interrupt that says "text doesnt affect you" on a wizard card that lets you put 2 followers on or next to unreal estate, i think that was a illegal play
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike B
Canada
Whitby
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grimstringer wrote:

so there is a wizard card,that lets you swap 2 followers on the board. i used it on a demon and a player's follower, he used the dog that stops you from moving the minion. Will the demon still go to the follower's place and the follower wont move or nothing will happen? (this can add trouble aswell)

This one I am not sure about exactly.

Grimstringer wrote:
when you swap two followers do you add trouble if there are more than 1 follower on the spaces?

No, you shouldn't add trouble because you are swapping the 2 minions, you aren't adding minions to those areas
I was corrected below

Grimstringer wrote:
Can you buy houses when there is a demon on the board but there is no trouble? (and you have a follower) the alley card doesnt work if there is a demon on board, right?

I am pretty sure that in the rule book it states that you can not build a house in a region with a demon, even if there is no trouble.

Grimstringer wrote:
Someone played the interrupt that says "text doesnt affect you" on a wizard card that lets you put 2 followers on or next to unreal estate, i think that was a illegal play

Yes, that is an illegal play because if I add followers somewhere, it doesn't affect you directly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grimstringer wrote:

Demon moves, player's minion stays where it was. Yes the demon will add trouble.

Grimstringer wrote:

The way I play it, both are removed from the board, removing trouble if there was any in those areas. Then they are added back to the board, adding trouble if there's already a minion there. Adding/removing trouble doesn't care where the minions are coming from, or where they're going. It just cares about what happens in the area.

Grimstringer wrote:

That is correct, demons block adding a building to an area

Grimstringer wrote:

That card only stops text on a card, symbols are never affected at all. It also only works if the text directly targets either that player or one of that players minions. It has zero affect on someone else placing minions in an area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Matt
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmb
actually i found that

"Can I build in an area where there is a troll or a demon?
Yes. Apart from the special abilities of demons defined in the rules, trolls and demons are just minions. As long as you
have a minion present, a building icon, money and no trouble you can build. "

If there is a demon does it turn off the building's effect? or it still works?

some answers are different from poster to poster :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vasher wrote:
Grimstringer wrote:

Demon moves, player's minion stays where it was. Yes the demon will add trouble.
I haven't seen any specific ruling on this, but I think that this sounds right.
Vasher wrote:
Grimstringer wrote:

The way I play it, both are removed from the board, removing trouble if there was any in those areas. Then they are added back to the board, adding trouble if there's already a minion there. Adding/removing trouble doesn't care where the minions are coming from, or where they're going. It just cares about what happens in the area.
This is correct. From the FAQ:
Quote:
The Bursar: Remove both minions (remove trouble if relevant); then place each minion back in the area that the other
minion came from; each one will generate trouble if there are any other minions present.

Vasher wrote:
Grimstringer wrote:

That card only stops text on a card, symbols are never affected at all. It also only works if the text directly targets either that player or one of that players minions. It has zero affect on someone else placing minions in an area.
This is also correct, it needs to be a direct effect on you. Not just minions, it can be cards, money, buildings.
Grimstringer wrote:
actually i found that

"Can I build in an area where there is a troll or a demon?
Yes. Apart from the special abilities of demons defined in the rules, trolls and demons are just minions. As long as you
have a minion present, a building icon, money and no trouble you can build. "
This is correct, yeah. You can build.
However,
Grimstringer wrote:
If there is a demon does it turn off the building's effect? or it still works?
The building's effect is off while the demon is in the area.

You possibly have already seen the FAQ, but in case you haven't, it might help in the future: Discworld FAQ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.