Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph Guzman
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
*The Run Down
Wanted to create a zombie world for the heroes to come to and defeat a villain, a world where the environment is a danger to villain and hero alike.

*Bio
A realm where the zombie apocalypse has come and gone. Now there is no life on this earth. A portal has been opened into this realm and the hordes of the undead have taken notice and come to find new sources of fresh meat. The undead move with a strange kind of herd mentality, almost as if they were following something as a group. Beware the dead!

Environment: Land of the Dead

Zombie (Qty:9)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Walking Corpse (Qty:4)
HP: 3
-At the start of the environment turn, this card deals 2 toxic damage to the non-environment target with the second lowest HP.

Zombie Hero (Qty:3)
HP: 8
-At the start of the environment turn, this card deals 3 melee damage to the 2 non-environment targets with the highest HP
-At the end of the environment turn, this card deals 3 toxic damage to the 2 non-environment targets with the lowest HP

The Horde (Qty:2)
HP: 10
-At the start of the environment turn, this card deals 2 toxic damage to each non-environment target.

Lord of the Dead (Qty:1)
HP: 12
-At the start of the environment turn, Lord of the Dead deals X toxic damage to each non-environment target, where x is equal to the number of zombie cards in play.
-Increase all other zombie damage by 1.
-At the end of the environment turn, put a zombie card from the trash into play.

Other (Qty:5)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Shelter (Qty:3)
HP: 6
-Redirect all environment damage to Shelter

Rise of the Dead (Qty:1)
-Put all zombie cards in the environment trash into play
-Play the top card of the environment deck.

Appetite for Brains (Qty:1)
-When this is played, place it by the hero with the most cards in hand, then play the top card of the environment deck.
-Redirect all damage dealt by environment targets to this hero.
When there are no environment targets in play, destroy this card.

Any suggestions and recommendations would be most appreciated. This is the First Environment of the series I am creating. My artist is pretty busy so no art yet. Always looking for a new artist if anyone is interested.

(Edit Notes)
-Corrected damage type error.
-Corrected wording of source damage
-Adjusted wording from beginning to start
-Adjusted targeting of Zombie Hero
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Onyx
msg tools
Jaggid88 wrote:
Zombie Hero deals 3 physical damage

You have to specify a type of damage, "Physical" isn't a type.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Guzman
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you. Must of been spacey when I put that in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff B.
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
For cards with multiple copies you don't want to have damage text by the cards name, because it could end up referring to multiple cards.

"This card deals" is how it usually works.

I like that against Gloomweaver both the villain and environment decks will benefit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Guzman
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the heads up man. It helped. Like the deck or any recommendations?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hunter
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Cool, pretty straightforward environment! I like how most of the zombies have start of turn triggers, makes them feel slow and plodding, as well as giving you a chance to respond to Rise of the Dead before they eat everything. I think the usual syntax for Sentinels is "Start of turn", not "Beginning of turn", though. Shelter is a clever design too, I'd like to play this one.

Normally I'd say that this deck has a LOT of lowest HP target damage (Walking Corpse and Zombie Hero are 7x between them), and that a lot of lowest HP damage does not tend to be that fun (generally means one luckless player gets killed early and has to sit around doing not much). However in this case it's not too bad, as A: They will be hitting villain targets reasonably often and B: The zombies have a start of turn trigger so if you're worried it's not too hard to kill them.

I think Lord of the Dead is missing the word target in "...deals X toxic damage to each non-environment target..."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Guzman
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for corrections. I am glad you like the deck. I felt it was a simple and yet a fun design. Really tried to give the feel of a zombie world.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff B.
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
One of the hardest things with Environment decks is selecting what targets to hit.

For example, most of the time in SotM the highest and lowest HP targets are villain targets.

That's why you see a lot of second-highest target and second lowest target damage.

The all non-environment targets damage naturally balances between heroes and villains, but the other ones might need to be altered for balance.

The Zombie Hero could deal the highest HP Villain and Hero targets damage, that way ensuring you hit one of each, or hit the 2 targets with the highest (as the second highest is usually a hero).

Small things like that need to be checked to improve balance for environment decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Guzman
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you for the suggestions. I have implemented them and really appreciate them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennison Milenkaya
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I appreciated that the slow-ass zombies feed on the injured and feeble. How're they supposed to get to the big guys?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Guzman
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
Zombie Hero Them super powers keeps him going fast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hunter
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Possible idea off the top of my head...

Appetite for Brains
When this is played, place it by the hero with the most cards in hand, then play the top card of the villain deck.
Redirect all damage dealt by environment targets to this hero.
Flavour text: C'mon, take it as a compliment.

Might clash ruleswise with Shelter, but gives the flavour of the horde turning to chase down one unfortunate chump every now and then!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Guzman
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
Adelphophage wrote:
Possible idea off the top of my head...

Appetite for Brains
When this is played, place it by the hero with the most cards in hand, then play the top card of the villain deck.
Redirect all damage dealt by environment targets to this hero.
Flavour text: C'mon, take it as a compliment.

Might clash ruleswise with Shelter, but gives the flavour of the horde turning to chase down one unfortunate chump every now and then!
That could be quite the fun card. Just one in the deck or two. That is the question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennison Milenkaya
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why play from the villain deck? Shouldn't it play from the environment deck, to help ensure a zombie is in play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hunter
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Yes, that's what I meant

Good proof reading!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Guzman
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
Added the card with the wording fix. Pretty neat idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.