Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Ronke
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Per the new rules (link), Meander & Wayfare are replaced with altered abilities for 6-7 player games.

However, I've noticed that in the 5-player games I've participated in so far, these abilities are likewise diminished.

Would it be advisable to house-rule these variant abilities for 5-player (or possibly 4-player) games?

For Meander, maybe it could be a graduated stepdown:
- $3 bonus per encounter space for 6/7
- $2 bonus per encounter space for 5
- $1 bonus per encounter space for 4

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Wilson
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
Yeah, I got stuck with earning only one encounter with Polania, 5p. Haven't done 4p.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Stolar
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bryantw wrote:
Yeah, I got stuck with earning only one encounter with Polania, 5p. Haven't done 4p.

Sorry but if you are only getting ONE then thats the fault of the way you are playing. You prioritized other things over getting them and that was your fault. Note: Im not saying you played poorly just that you disnt play to get those encounters.

And if your opponents are playing keep away and limiting you to only 2 encounters then they are takin less optimal actions to do this and stop you. Getting teo encounters means you got 4 encounters this is huge in a 5 player game and you need to get the best out of those boosts and power your engine faster than everyone else runnig around trying to stop you from getting more encounters. That ability is just fine in 5 players and needs absolutly no boost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.