Subject: Player Board Info rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roger Brown
United States
Sebastopol
California
flag msg tools
I have not yet played Brass. I am making a player board for it. I see several in the Files section here on BGG, but they seem cluttered. Making it, I didn't see why they need the info that is showing on the tile itself, since the tiles are no longer in one stack. On my new board I only show the hidden info on the back (VPs and Income).

But just as I was about to print, I wondered about what if a stack of mine are all in play, the info on the tile is no longer right in front of me. Is it often really handy to know what somebody across the table will need to pay to build a particular industry, for example?

The game doesn't even come with that info unless you haul out the rulebook and read the last page, so I guess it would be a luxury anyway. But is it nice to have in front of you without looking around and reading another player's tile?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Is it often really handy to know what somebody across the table will need to pay to build a particular industry, for example?
It certainly can be. You really want to know whether someone is likely to use iron or coal and whether that will come from a market or someone's building. And you'll want to know how much iron or coal it produces as well. Decisions about what/where to build and whether you should muck about with turn order could hinge on that information.

You can often see from a distance what tiles a player has available to build, but if you no longer have the matching tile in front of you and haven't yet memorized what it requires to build, you'll have to be rather obvious about checking if it needs iron or coal to construct, and how many resources it produces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
Roguester wrote:
I have not yet played Brass. I am making a player board for it.

whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Hahn
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wouldn't it make sense to play the game first so you can see what info you would need?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Len
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe for the first game, make a copy of the last page for all players as a reference sheet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Masson
United States
Van Nuys
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We play Brass regularly and use the following player mat:

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/69667/brass-player-displa...

It is excellent!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.