30.9% of Goal | 28 Days Left

Support:

James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see lots of people asking about where exactly we'll find the game once 11:00 PDT hits on Thursday. While I don't know 100% for sure, I did a bit of snooping on their site and found the following unlinked-to page, which is their "Board Games" category page. I think there's a very good chance the game will show up there:

https://na.merch.riotgames.com/en/other.html?cat=955

So, no promises, but I think that's a good place to start, assuming it does show up under the main "Other" category, which is what makes the most sense.

Of course, the main Mechs vs Minions page, http://mechsvsminions.com will undoubtedly link to the right page on the merch store anyways, but for those hitting refresh over and over again, the store link might just work first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Grenier
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Where to actually click on the merch site when this game goes on sale.
I am pretty sure that http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/featured/mechs-vs-minions will have a buy button once it becomes available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ThunderingGiraffe wrote:
I am pretty sure that http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/featured/mechs-vs-minions will have a buy button once it becomes available.

I assume so as well - I figure it will link to the merch site, and they'll want to have it up on the merch site before they add the link from the Mechs vs Minions site. So for those wanting to get in and order it as quick as possible, they might find this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Waleke
United States
portland
OR
flag msg tools
Except Colt Express!
badge
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams
mbmbmbmbmb
Felkor wrote:
ThunderingGiraffe wrote:

I assume so as well - I figure it will link to the merch site, and they'll want to have it up on the merch site before they add the link from the Mechs vs Minions site. So for those wanting to get in and order it as quick as possible, they might find this helps.

I would assume all such links are already programmed into the site and just set to update at the appropriate time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
madmanw wrote:
Felkor wrote:
ThunderingGiraffe wrote:

I would assume all such links are already programmed into the site and just set to update at the appropriate time.

They're really 2 different websites, just under the same domain. If it were me, I'd add it to the merch site first and make sure it works before putting links to it. But maybe that's just me.

I'm sure everyone will be fine no matter how they try to get to it - I just thought it was fun to fiddle with their site and find the category for it. But I guess maybe I'm easily amused.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Shelton
United States
SURPRISE
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Felkor wrote:
madmanw wrote:
Felkor wrote:
ThunderingGiraffe wrote:

They're really 2 different websites, just under the same domain. If it were me, I'd add it to the merch site first and make sure it works before putting links to it. But maybe that's just me.

I'm sure everyone will be fine no matter how they try to get to it - I just thought it was fun to fiddle with their site and find the category for it. But I guess maybe I'm easily amused.

I had the same thought yesterday. I started playing with the Merch site trying to see if there was a landing page that didn't link yet. Something like: https://na.merch.riotgames.com/en/collectibles/mechs-vs-mini...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wohomerhoo wrote:

I had the same thought yesterday. I started playing with the Merch site trying to see if there was a landing page that didn't link yet. Something like: https://na.merch.riotgames.com/en/collectibles/mechs-vs-mini...

I was trying the same thing to no luck. I'm guessing there won't be a specific page for it until they enable it on their back-end. But at least I *think* found the category page for it. However, on my link if you replace "other" with "collectibles" it also works... so I think one of those 2 links will work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools
Felkor wrote:

At the allotted time, 500 new and identical click points will appear on your screen. 1 of these will allow you to place an order for Mechs vs Minions, the other 499 will just play a burst of canned laughter.

How's that for fun and amusing? Exciting too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Willo
Australia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Highland Cow wrote:
Felkor wrote:

At the allotted time, 500 new and identical click points will appear on your screen. 1 of these will allow you to place an order for Mechs vs Minions, the other 499 will just play a burst of canned laughter.

How's that for fun and amusing? Exciting too.

I thought they would have a little animated Mech that you have to program and navigate past obstacles to get to and activate the Buy button.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Hamilton
United Kingdom
Livingston
West Lothian
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I tried to open an account at the UK address all went well until I was asked for which 'STATE' I was in !
As I don't live in a 'STATE' I couldn't supply an answer and so I came to a dead end. The system wouldn't let me go any further. This, despite entering a valid UK postcode.
Not really ideal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teik Chooi Oh
United Kingdom
Chorley
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
janglybits wrote:
When I tried to open an account at the UK address all went well until I was asked for which 'STATE' I was in !
As I don't live in a 'STATE' I couldn't supply an answer and so I came to a dead end. The system wouldn't let me go any further. This, despite entering a valid UK postcode.
Not really ideal.

That's because you should register and order from EU store, which will shio your game from Germany. https://euw.merch.riotgames.com/en/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Hamilton
United Kingdom
Livingston
West Lothian
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Chooi,
I'm already registered via uk store. It asks for billing and delivery address which then demands a 'STATE'.
Not ideal at all.
Internet ordering really should be far more easier. Amazon is a prime(sic) example of this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clwe
United Kingdom
Essex
flag msg tools
janglybits wrote:
Hi Chooi,
I'm already registered via uk store. It asks for billing and delivery address which then demands a 'STATE'.
Not ideal at all.
Internet ordering really should be far more easier. Amazon is a prime(sic) example of this.

I had this problem too, when I tried adding my work address recently. What you need to do is click on the Country drop down and re-select 'United Kingdom' again. Then you should actually be able to free-type a state (or rather, county) and the page will accept it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Steggles
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ill be hitting f5 until i get whatever link is necessary and avaialble.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Klinton
Sweden
Mölnlycke
-
flag msg tools
I tried creating and account but it does not direct me correctly. I am from sweden so nordic + east should be the correct region. I click sweden on the shopping page, go to register, register for nordic+east region and then try to login. Then it sais I have the wrong account type(should be europe west). Sigh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Hamilton
United Kingdom
Livingston
West Lothian
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Clwe: You're a star!! I re-clicked UK and lo and behold everything worked. I now have an account ready to use on Thursday evening. I don't know how you worked it out, well done. I'll put my previous failures down to 70 years on this earth. Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anssi Johansson
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Godvillig wrote:
I tried creating and account but it does not direct me correctly. I am from sweden so nordic + east should be the correct region. I click sweden on the shopping page, go to register, register for nordic+east region and then try to login. Then it sais I have the wrong account type(should be europe west). Sigh.

I was wondering about this too but when you go to the checkout page it says:

"If you have an EUNE or TR account, please continue through Guest Checkout"

So apparently you can't actually create an account on the online store for nordic+east just for the game itself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.