Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James David Romo
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In particular, Copycat from the Shapeshifter faction.

If Copycat (Choose another player's minion in play. This card has the same ability as that minion until the end of the turn) comes into play and you choose a minion with an ability to copy that has a comes-into-play trigger like Invader (Gain 1 VP), does it trigger?

I assume it does, otherwise the utility of Copycat would be limited to a one-turn nab of Ongoing or Talents, but the timing is a little interesting so I wasn't 100% confident.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the way we've played it, for the same reasoning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James David Romo
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jozxyqk wrote:
That's the way we've played it, for the same reasoning.

I know it's a different game with different rules but so much of how I look at things comes from Magic the Gathering. This would 100% work. Play Clone and copy a Flame-tongue Kavu and you would get to deal the damage. Just makes sense in my brain that it would work that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Larkus
Germany
Herten
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It does trigger, the Copycat simply does what the copied minion did/does.
If not the Copycat would be almost without any use. You have to factor in that especially "ongoing" abilities are next to useless when copied, since the Copycat only gets an ability until end of turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.