Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hey guys, so I'm having some really bad luck lately with my game purchases.

I finally pulled the trigger on Yedo today. (Wanted it for a long time, but I already had Lords of Waterdeep) Anyway, opened it up and punched everything. When I started separating out the various player pieces I discovered that I was missing the grey round marker and the blue watch marker. One of the green disciples got a little to close to the band saw and lost an arm but that's not a biggy. Anyway I can figure something out for the round marker easy, but I'll never find a match for the watch marker, so any ideas on a good thematic replacement for the two of them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Hill
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shadowsclassic wrote:

I finally pulled the trigger on Yedo today. (Wanted it for a long time, but I already had Lords of Waterdeep) Anyway, opened it up and punched everything. When I started separating out the various player pieces I discovered that I was missing the grey round marker and the blue watch marker. One of the green disciples got a little to close to the band saw and lost an arm but that's not a biggy. Anyway I can figure something out for the round marker easy, but I'll never find a match for the watch marker, so any ideas on a good thematic replacement for the two of them?

You open your games next to a band saw?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
Burbage wrote:
shadowsclassic wrote:

You open your games next to a band saw?

LOL! Yes, it's a dexterity game I like to play.

IDK, maybe it's a sword injury from a previously failed mission. It does look like it could have been fatal though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Cooley
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you tried contacting IDW for replacement parts?

http://idwgames.com/contact/ has a fill-in form or the following email address: support@idwpublishinghelp.zendesk.com

Pandasaurus' website says to email games@idwpublishing.com for replacement parts.

If that doesn't get you anywhere, I've seen a few people here post some teeny miniature ninjas instead of disciples.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I always go straight to the publisher with issues like this. Each time, my cordial request has been received well.

Some personal cases I can remember:

Viticulture Essential Edition came with a broken tasting room table. Stonemaier Games sent a replacement.

Wits & Wagers Family came with one headless meeple, one missing, and one duplicate. North Star Games, LLC sent replacements, along with a funny message.

Liar's Dice (the Pirates of the Caribbean version) came missing an entire set of 5 dice. USAopoly sent me 2 sets of 5 dice!

Forbidden Desert came with a ripped card (shrink-wrapped that way). Gamewright sent a replacement card + a promo card.

In a Pickle came with all the cards uncut at the corners. I merely sent an email asking if the corners were supposed to be square or rounded. Their response was, "Rounded. Please give us your address so that we may send you a replacement copy." No further questions asked. This was before my BGG days, and so I was shocked. Gamewright again.

Castle Panic: The Wizard's Tower came with a missing boss tile. Fireside Games sent the tile + multiple promos.

Firefly: The Game came with several cards that had wonky, separated layers (quite an oddity). Gale Force Nine, LLC sent replacement cards + a promo card.

I landed Summ herum at a thrift store recently without a rulebook. I posted here and wasn't able to find them at the publisher's website. Someone from HABA - Habermaaß GmbH responded in the thread within a couple of days, and had dug up a link to the rules and posted it a couple of days after that.

And the one that'll hopefully encourage you the most:
Machi Koro: Deluxe Edition came with a couple of mis-printed landmark cards. Pandasaurus Games sent replacements.

All of the above cases were dealt with promptly and professionally. If I ever spoke with anyone or got a personal email, it was cordial and friendly.

And then there's geeklists like this: 2015-2016-2017 Spare Parts Resource List where fellow geeks freely share/give game components to geeks in need (at the mere cost of shipping). I've found what I needed there more than once.

The lesson here: This hobby we enjoy so much has an amazing and supportive community, with the publishers not least among us. Try them out. Be cordial. I'm sure they'll come through.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And Yedo is such a great game! Don't let the missing components stop you from playing in the meantime. A temporary red replacement pawn of any kind won't detract from the fun. And you may find that whatever you use as a round marker is more fun than the gray disc that comes in the game to begin with. As for your injured meeple, you've already figured out how he/she lost the arm. Nice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks guys! I'll try contacting the company. I thought about it at first, but this game has been out for quite a while and I figured they would be long out of stock on parts. Guess it can't hurt to check.

As for playing it, yeah I'm making a quick dry clay temp piece for the two missing parts so it will be ready for the weekend. I really wanted to get this quite a while back, but kept reading that it was so close to Lords of Waterdeep, that I didn't want to spend the cash on a similar game. I finally decided to give it a try. I've played Lords enough that if they turn out to be too similar, I'll just put Lords up for sale. As it is now I only use it as a gateway game to introduce worker placement style games.

Oh and Darin you are right, that meeple is one loyal disciple to take a licking like that and keep on ticking!

Update: I contacted IDW and they quickly sent me out replacements for the missing parts. Great game and great service from IDW!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.