Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » Midwest

Subject: Indianapolis - Play It Forward Cancer Fundraiser rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
We are holding the 3rd annual Play It Forward Fundraiser event at the Carmel Lions Club (141 E. Main St) on December 10th, 2016 from 10-10.

Play It Forward is an all day board game event to raise money for the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation. Multiple Myeloma is the 2nd most common blood cancer and there is currently no cure. The MMRF is an industry leader for MM research.

Admission is $10 if you register online before the event or $15 at the door. It is a family friendly board game event -- we will have several hundred games from our library and you are welcome to bring your own as well. We will also have a 50/50 raffle and silent auctions throughout the day. In addition, we are going to try to have our first play-to-win events.

100% of the money from the event goes to the MMRF (we even pay for all of the credit card fees!). We are also matching the first $1,000 in donations. In the first two years, we raised over $10,000 for the MMRF!

If you have any questions or would like to support the event, please let us know!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmb
This is a good event. I attended last year. I no longer live in the area but would recommend to others that live near by to go. It is a fun day of gaming with really nice friendly people to support a good cause.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
8-bit Matt
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Is there a sign up sheet for specific games, or a FB page or other way of getting players for specific games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
We don't have any thing "official" for this, but want to try to figure out a good way to do it in the future. We have a Facebook page here and a Facebook event page here. You might try posting on the event about it.

Do you have a specific game and time in mind? If so, I can print off a sign up sheet and have it at the registration table. I can also post about it on Facebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
8-bit Matt
United States
flag msg tools
mb
play_it_forward wrote:
We don't have any thing "official" for this, but want to try to figure out a good way to do it in the future. We have a Facebook page here and a Facebook event page here. You might try posting on the event about it.

Do you have a specific game and time in mind? If so, I can print off a sign up sheet and have it at the registration table. I can also post about it on Facebook.

Thanks! I'll toss a post on there

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.