5 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » General

Subject: Star Wars X-Wing Storage Solution rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Fake Namington
msg tools
Hi all,
I have never posted before but you have all really helped me out a lot over the years in the greater BGG community with storage ideas and game tips and tricks.

Well I think I put together a pretty good solution for my SWXWTMG collection.

I used a Plano Guide Series tackle box and you can see the rest for yourselves.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productI...

Above: Front closed up tackle box

Above: Rear closed up accordion folder.

Above: Open accordion folder. Stores all my graphics, rulebooks and cards.

Above: Top of tackle only has tokens used during gameplay.

Above: Epic ships! Carved with an electric carving knife, super easy. Detailed with razor blade. Left room for expansion.

Above: Another big one. I left room, also nothing is glued in so I could keep it modular if my collection keeps growing. Who am I kidding, WHEN my collection grows.

Above: I like these boxes, they cost about $8 on Amazon so I don't feel bad cutting away sections to accommodate the bigger ships. Dremel and razor does the job. Rebel, Empire and a new scum collection.

Above: 4 folders, I like to decorate everything, I just reused the box art with some careful cuts and hot glue.

Above: You get the idea of the card folders, pretty standard.

Let me know what you guys think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Chadwick
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I started with a Plano 1374 and still love it. It's the corner stone of my collection. I've outgrown it, though. Here's a thread with my storage solution:

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/224341-heycha...

I like how you attached the binders at the back. Personally, I hate binders, but know a lot of people use them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Fake Namington
msg tools
I love having all the cards in a catalog. When hosting casual games it makes it easier for letting people build their own fleet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Chadwick
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have mine in a nice catalog, as well. I just use boxes and a Broken Token box. I just hate the binders. It's mostly for once I get upgrades and having to spend hours resorting them. Too many years of Magic the Gathering have me hating sorting cards by binders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Heisenberg
Spain
Death Star
A galaxy far, far away
flag msg tools
"...there's no I in 'team'. There is a me, though, if you jumble it up."
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking good!

I went with Feldherr cases with custom foams for ships, and a Plano box for the cards/dials/etc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.