Hide
3 Posts

Allegiance: A Realm Divided» Forums » Variants

Subject: Card Draw & Reducing Useless Draws rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Yeoh
msg tools
To reduce the chances of drawing totally useless cards, and to have more control over the game, how about this?

1. When we draw from a deck, draw 1 additional card from the same deck. Choose 1, put the other at the bottom of the deck. This basically have no effect on the other player, since the card we choose not to draw is put at the bottom. It simply provides more control of what you want to draw into your hand.

2. Then we need to take consideration of Vibeka's armors. If

2a. She looks at the top card of each deck, simply look at 1 additional card, and put them back in the same order.

2b. She looks at 2 cards on 1 deck, simply look at 1 additional card. Put 1 at the bottom, and the remaining 2 back on top of the deck in any order.

Does this make sense? Doesn't seem to break anything but allows us to simply have more control. Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Choong
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You may want to consider the variant I posted to reduce the randomness of the draw and provide fairer probability to each player - https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1651532/variant-having-sepa....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Yeoh
msg tools
I read your post too, which has nice ideas. But if I want to have the possibility to draw all the game has to offer, and also don't want to deck prep, then I'm going to need something else. I was thinking about retaining most of the original game play, but just having a little bit more control over what we draw

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.