Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Brown
United States
Summit
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone tried or thought about sleeving the night and day cards in different sleeves? Night cards in black backs and light cards in white backs? This would mean that you know whether the next card you will draw (either from the center deck or from your own) is night or day.

Would this add to the strategy of trying to manipulate night and day to gain card benefits?

Or would it make it too easy to pull off certain combos or effects?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B-Rad
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my humble opinion, that would ruin a big portion of the tension by knowing what kind of card would be drawn next. That being said, if you thought of a way to play it as a variant I would say it's an interesting take, and could be fun...maybe having two center rows, and making it so that both had to be Day or Night in a unified manner in order to trigger Day/Night effects?

The best part about board/card games like these, is that you can hack it up whatever way you like, as long as it's fun for you. The big draw (I'm so sorry for this pun) for me with deck-builders is the randomness in the main deck. Knowing something as powerful as whether or not the center row will be shifted to Day or Night seems a bit less tense, even though there's still a little mystery in not knowing exactly which card is just around the bend.

If you do try it, you should post back to this forum with the results of how it played. I'd be fascinated to know the outcome, but my cards are already sleeved, and there's no way I'm going through that again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.