Hide
3 Posts

Ca$h 'n Guns (Second Edition): Team Spirit» Forums » Rules

Subject: Desert Sparrow - Clarification Needed rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris H
msg tools

Two similar problematic situations arose while playing with the new Desert Sparrow weapon.

The questions below are essentially both querying the same issue but I've included both...

1. If the Desert Sparrow's target is changed at the Godfather's request, does the Desert Sparrow's power apply to the initial target, the second target or both?

2. In the situation of the Desert Sparrow and Godfather aiming at each other, can the Godfather change the Desert Sparrow's target before having to change his own, or does the Desert Sparrow's power kick in first?

In our game, we established the following shootout sequence for clarity...

1. Players aim at their chosen targets.
2. If the Desert Sparrow's target is aiming back, the Desert Sparrow's power applies and the victim selects a new target.
3. The Godfather applies his power and may force another player to change target.
4. If the Desert Sparrow has been obliged to change target and has selected another player who is aiming back at him, his new victim must now also change target.

This approach seems to work well and has produced some interesting tactical alliances in our games. I just wanted to clarify whether we're interpreting things correctly or making the Desert Sparrow too powerful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think that will give too much power to the Desert Sparrow, as that player can then deliberately point at someone who's pointing at them, potentially getting a free pass for the round.

But I also think it nerfs the Godfather's power too, given that the Godfather will tell the Desert Sparrow to move target, only to find that whoever the Desert Sparrow now chooses will immediately choose the Godfather.

So, I think the way we'll play it is the same as the way you've described, except that in step 4, if the Desert Sparrow chooses a target who's aiming back, things just stay as they are - i.e. the Desert Sparrow power benefits you once per round, not potentially twice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris H
msg tools
The other option of course would be applying the Godfather's privilege before the Desert Sparrow's power; i.e. omitting step 2. That way, the Desert Sparrow wouldn't potentially get to divert two attackers but it would retain the possible advantage of being able to choose his alternative target based on who was aiming at him.

Again, just depends if this still makes him too powerful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.