BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » The Village Square

Subject: Ambush Sheep rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Admiral L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Trigirl being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably be murdalated. -Dangerface
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
mbmbmbmbmb
This is Ambush Sheep. Anyone that wants to mod a round should feel free!

Ambush Sheep will be quick 10 question rounds that pop up from time to time. Each round will be independent. Ambush Sheep rounds will be open for some period less than 24 hours (up to mod's discretion).

Round Winners:
1st- 10
2nd- 5
3rd- 1
Mod Doppelganger- 2

After 10 rounds, Ambush Sheep will finish up. Whoever wins the most rounds will get 50 and people that participate in the most rounds will get 5 .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Admiral L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Trigirl being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably be murdalated. -Dangerface
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ambush Sheep Round 1- Food

This will close at 2pm today. There is no research permitted. I will be very inflexible when combining answers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
er, wen
United States
Not Quite Canada
flag msg tools
Did I fall asleep?
badge
Shall I go now?
mbmbmbmbmb

While I don't dislike the "ambush" angle, only giving people five hours notice
makes it incredibly unlikely a large portion of people will see it in time, putting
those of us without smartphones and those of us required to actually work while
at work (or other commitments) at an extreme disadvantage. We'd like to play too.
Would you consider posting a notice and just waiting to post the questions, or is this
specifically designed to be only for people who have ready access to BGG at all times?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Assistant L squared
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
irwin1138 wrote:

makes it incredibly unlikely a large portion of people will see it in time, putting
at work (or other commitments) at an extreme disadvantage. We'd like to play too.
Would you consider posting a notice and just waiting to post the questions, or is this
specifically designed to be only for people who have ready access to BGG at all times?

ninja It's still open, fill it out anyway. My guess is it will probably count anyway, unless LJ already began the calculations, or unless the system being used for calculations can only process a certain amount of responses and this would be over. ninja

Edit: Erm perhaps don't, see below
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
Ambush Sheep Round 1- Food

This will close at 2pm today. There is no research permitted. I will be very inflexible when combining answers.

Wow, LJ, way to post something time-sensitive on Yom Kippur.

(Seriously, though, I'm with irwin, I'm not a fan. Sheeps are way better with more people, and this format is specifically designed to draw fewer people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Żarski-Riley
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
Just take a moment for yourself
badge
I have no idea
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, shit, I didn't realise that was a link. I was waiting for questions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Admiral L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This sounds terrible, but I did want to cut down on the number of people a bit. I got almost 30 entries in the several hour window, and with the sheep tool down and having to do a lot more manual work to format everything that snowballs with more answers, I was hoping for fewer. The reason that I didn't reveal yesterday was because it still took longer than I'd expected to format everything for a reveal. Part of the reason that I stopped modding sheep is because it would take multiple hours to mod them now that the site is down, whereas before a 20 question sheep would maybe take 30 minutes and more people didn't extend the time it takes.

I'm sorry if that seems exclusionary, but I thought it'd be like a thunder dome or any other game like that with limited time Windows. People don't seem to complain about those. And it's not like every round will only be open during the day. Part of the ambush concept is that the people that are around at that time are the ones that participate. In both Ambush Niners, the D1 lynch was a no show.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Smugvid wrote:

wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Żarski-Riley
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
I have no idea
mbmbmbmbmb
Quasey has a 25 person sheep excel tool, if you gm him, that should help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Żarski-Riley
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
I have no idea
mbmbmbmbmb
jageroxorz wrote:
Smugvid wrote:

wow

I'm just really really stupid sometimes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Assistant L squared
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
This sounds terrible, but I did want to cut down on the number of people a bit. I got almost 30 entries in the several hour window, and with the sheep tool down and having to do a lot more manual work to format everything that snowballs with more answers, I was hoping for fewer. The reason that I didn't reveal yesterday was because it still took longer than I'd expected to format everything for a reveal. Part of the reason that I stopped modding sheep is because it would take multiple hours to mod them now that the site is down, whereas before a 20 question sheep would maybe take 30 minutes and more people didn't extend the time it takes.

I'm sorry if that seems exclusionary, but I thought it'd be like a thunder dome or any other game like that with limited time Windows. People don't seem to complain about those. And it's not like every round will only be open during the day. Part of the ambush concept is that the people that are around at that time are the ones that participate. In both Ambush Niners, the D1 lynch was a no show.

As someone who was once on the modding end of this, I'm very sympathetic. As the slower of the LJs, it took me over a month to reveal something I intended on revealing in 2 days. I support that the mod can mod however they like at their discretion, in a way that is enjoyable for themselves too. If another mod chooses to ambush though , I don't see why if they personally chose to, they can't make the deadline a little longer like 48 hours, though no obligation. Good luck and thanks for modding!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Admiral L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Smugvid wrote:
Quasey has a 25 person sheep excel tool, if you gm him, that should help.

I have it. It still takes way more time to format. Before, you could just copy paste from the site with minimal formatting required on your end. While all of the tools do a good job calculating scores, you still have to completely put together all of the posts yourself. Especially if you're doing a sheep mate thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawna
United States
flag msg tools
You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.
mbmbmbmbmb
Eh, I get it. Not that I'm unsympathetic to people wanting to participate and missing it, especially since I can't check in much while working now as well.

But it seems the idea is to keep it fast and quick.
If some sheeps allow 48 hour or longer response windows, then how is that different than just a regular sheep.
Maybe I am missing something. But it seems like that would just feel like normal sheeps within this sheep, and it might kill the pace.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Assistant L squared
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I didn't interpret it that differently than a regular sheep.

Hey L,
What if you just screw the traditional and now time consuming formatting, and just copy and paste on here the column with people names, then the column of their answers for that particular question, then the column with their score for that particular question, then the column with their total score? For each question I mean. Not all at once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dake Jimson
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
The Universe...
badge
What a concept.
mbmbmbmbmb
hibou wrote:
irwin1138 wrote:

ninja It's still open, fill it out anyway. My guess is it will probably count anyway, unless LJ already began the calculations, or unless the system being used for calculations can only process a certain amount of responses and this would be over. ninja

Edit: Erm perhaps don't, see below

yeah, i was late and just filled it out anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Admiral L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I accepted the additional submissions and just started over because I realized that I didn't cut it off right at 2, so there were a few that made it in late that I'd already accepted. :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dake Jimson
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
The Universe...
badge
What a concept.
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
I accepted the additional submissions and just started over because I realized that I didn't cut it off right at 2, so there were a few that made it in late that I'd already accepted. :/

if you rejected my submission, i wouldn't have griped. figured it was worth trying though

did i win?

i probably won.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:

That doesn't sound terrible at all! I totally understand. Just seems like maybe there's a better way to accomplish that. The difference with Thunderdome is that there's no metagame.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dake Jimson
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
The Universe...
badge
What a concept.
mbmbmbmbmb
you could just have a signup limit. first come, first serve. it doesn't fix the exclusivity thing, but nobody can't say it ain't not fair.

i like the concept of ambush things, so i think what you tried to do here is completely fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Admiral L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aaaaa, turns out that elias has an excel sheet with a macro that does everything for you.

Reveal starting now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Admiral L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Name a kind of pie.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Admiral L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Name a kind of pie.

Apple - 21 - ljtrigirl, not hibou, Quaseymoto, Ziilch, Natsume, rathstar, Royal Ape, Nessus77, bkarrigan, jageroxorz, Elias5891, bluelise, heraldoflight, wyantjm, rjcards05, Theknightofcups, Robb, Dake, ShawnaD, adiamant, MD1616
Pumpkin - 7 - Urza47, slinkydink, monogarden, faleohfang, BerenCamlost, xandryyte, namyzarc
shepherd's - 1 - egburr

Score:
ljtrigirl - 21
not hibou - 21
Quaseymoto - 21
Ziilch - 21
Natsume - 21
rathstar - 21
Royal Ape - 21
Nessus77 - 21
bkarrigan - 21
jageroxorz - 21
Elias5891 - 21
bluelise - 21
heraldoflight - 21
wyantjm - 21
rjcards05 - 21
Theknightofcups - 21
Robb - 21
Dake - 21
ShawnaD - 21
adiamant - 21
MD1616 - 21
Urza47 - 7
slinkydink - 7
monogarden - 7
faleohfang - 7
BerenCamlost - 7
xandryyte - 7
namyzarc - 7
egburr - 1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Admiral L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2. What is the best sandwich topping?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Admiral L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2. What is the best sandwich topping?

Bacon - 6 - Natsume, rathstar, Royal Ape, BerenCamlost, heraldoflight, ShawnaD
Mayonnaise - 4 - Urza47, jageroxorz, faleohfang, rjcards05
Meat - 3 - ljtrigirl, bkarrigan, Elias5891
Cheese - 3 - Quaseymoto, Ziilch, monogarden
Mustard - 3 - slinkydink, wyantjm, Dake
peanut butter - 3 - Nessus77, namyzarc, MD1616
Pickle - 2 - not hibou, Robb
lettuce - 1 - egburr
pesto - 1 - bluelise
Ham - 1 - Theknightofcups
tomato - 1 - xandryyte
PB&J - 1 - adiamant

Score:
Natsume - 27
rathstar - 27
Royal Ape - 27
heraldoflight - 27
ShawnaD - 27
jageroxorz - 25
rjcards05 - 25
ljtrigirl - 24
Quaseymoto - 24
Ziilch - 24
Nessus77 - 24
bkarrigan - 24
Elias5891 - 24
wyantjm - 24
Dake - 24
MD1616 - 24
not hibou - 23
Robb - 23
bluelise - 22
Theknightofcups - 22
adiamant - 22
BerenCamlost - 13
Urza47 - 11
faleohfang - 11
slinkydink - 10
monogarden - 10
namyzarc - 10
xandryyte - 8
egburr - 2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Urza, PhD of Dungeon Crawl
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:

Wait, the sheep site is down? surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.