Subject: At War Provice, Owner Decides to leave on his active player turn. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Schroeder

Dubuque
Iowa
msg tools
mbmb
I think this has been covered before, but I can't find the thread. If that is the case, please post a link for me, thanks.

My opponent and I had an at war province with my opponent having a control marker on the province. Each of us have a legion on it after a battle. On my opponents turn, he decides to move his legion out of the province. At this point, since I have a unit on the province and he does not, does a battle technically still happen? If so, can I then put my legion on the control marker to start a convert of the territory (since I would be the winner of said battle)? This would all be happening on my opponent's turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Townshend
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You couldn't do any of that on your opponent's turn. There would be no battle since only your units would be in the province after your opponent's move.

When your turn came around, if no one else was in the province you'd be the conqueror and choose what you wanted to do--occupy, pillage, or control.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel U. Thibault
Canada
Québec
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
A battle would occur if the control marker had any military value. But it does not, so nothing happens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.