Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: How to beat a Lion God Level 3? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony Hanses
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
So, we lost our Blind fights to both the Level 1 and Level 2 Lion Gods.

Before we take on a Level 3, we were hoping to design 4 survivors that would actually stand a real chance of beating him.

Does anyone have any great ideas on how to design the survivors to handle him?
- What Armor sets?
- What specialty Gear?
- What bonuses?
- Do we NEED to use Saviors for all 4 characters?
- What other stat bonuses?
- What should be our key strategies for how to use the characters and gear?

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Where possible, we would like to keep the character designs realistic for what you could have around Lantern Year 24. In other words, no survivors with base accuracy of +10 and stuff like that please.

This is going to be a rough fight, but we are hoping to take him on sometime in early November.

Note: We own all expansions and all Pinups, everything there is. So feel free to go wild on gear. We have it all available.

I have added the Level 1 and Level 2 fights to BGG's KDM video section. You can also check them out here.

http://www.youtube.com/forgedbygeeks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TechRaptor
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have any advice since I've not even beaten a lvl1 LG yet, but I do have a few questions.

Have you beaten a lvl1 and lvl2?

If not, why would you even try a lvl3?

Edit: The reason I ask is that, in my experience, gaining the knowledge and skill to farm lvl1's and consistently beat lvl2's is necessary to have some success vs lvl3's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Hanses
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
NerdyRaptor wrote:
I don't have any advice since I've not even beaten a lvl1 LG yet, but I do have a few questions.

Why not try a Level3? These are one-off fights, not in our main campaign. We are doing them just for fun.

Our understanding is that this is the absolute hardest fight in the game, so we want to see if it is possible to even do, well at least for us to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TechRaptor
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
forgedbygeeks wrote:
NerdyRaptor wrote:

Why not try a Level3? These are one-off fights, not in our main campaign. We are doing them just for fun.

Our understanding is that this is the absolute hardest fight in the game, so we want to see if it is possible to even do, well at least for us to do.

Ahhh gotcha. It seemed a tad masochistic to just throw your survivors to their doom.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Hanses
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
NerdyRaptor wrote:

Ahhh gotcha. It seemed a tad masochistic to just throw your survivors to their doom.

Yea, we are not that suicidal, most of the time, haha.

Hell, even with dozens of battles of experience, we still lost the Prologue in our 2nd streams settlement. Sometimes the game is just evil that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TechRaptor
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that feel. I'm watching your first Lion God video now. This is neat, thanks for uploading it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Hanses
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
NerdyRaptor wrote:
I know that feel. I'm watching your first Lion God video now. This is neat, thanks for uploading it!

Our pleasure! Thanks for watching!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Perry
United States
Coral Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
These are just our general build that work for most monster's I have not had a chance to face the Lion God yet.

-------------------------------

The Tank - High Evasion stat character (Green saviors are awesome for this).

Tank Gear:
* Leather armor set (Ignore Bash, + lots of green affinities)
* monster grease (2 evasions with green affinities)
* leather shield (+1 armor and green affinities)
* Beacon Shield(+2 armor and Block 2)
* flower knight badge (+1 evasion token)

Tank Play Style:
Block, Block and Block! Your tank should be taking every hit possible if you can get Shield mastery use it always! With a full age green savior born with clan of death + gear evasion should be around 8 which would make most attacks only hit on a natural lantern. Then with Block 2 you ignore 2 hits that manage to make it through and if for some reason you still are getting hit you have dodge.

The Support - A survivor with thrill seeker fighting are or anything else that gains survival.

Support Gear:
* Rawhide set (Chance to keep survival and headband to check AI cards)
* Cateye Circlet (Check HL cards)
* Bandages
* Founding Stone (If you really need to crit a HL)
* Any other support gear that might be needed for the fight. Lion Harp if a lot of moods and such.
* Optional weapon, bow with different arrows to help the fight

Support Play Style:
Deck and Monster management. They should always check HL before attacking and AI card before end of turn to stack the decks in your favor. Always using survival to do as much as possible each turn. With thrill seeker should be very hard to run out of survival.

The Last 2 survivors should be your DPS, if you have a tank with shield mastery you can make them very glass cannon as long as they attack with the tank next to them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
TR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
well, I personally have never won against a L2 Lion God AND against a L3 DBK, so can't compare anything against a L3 Lion God... I actually can't sort difficulties, but I can testify that L3 DBK has that damn Burrow that makes things 3000% harder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IA Seldon
msg tools
mb
How to beat Lion God 3: Kill it with fire. All the fire.

You're not using the fire hard enough. Harder!

In all seriousness, I'm not sure it could be done with the current gear. We know that base armor levels might see serious jumps (Ivory Carver) in lantern festival but we don't have them yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.