Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » Rules

Subject: I have two ?s - Strain and Special mission setup rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Amos
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools

If a ally or imperial figure would receive strain in the campaign, lets say from the (bleeding condition) it would suffer damage and not strain correct? There is no endurance rating for them.

When playing the campaign some special missions will have things like (special setup rules) stating something like (increase the threat level by twice and deploy a optional deployment) Does this mean you double the threat every round or is this just at the beginning of the mission.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
devin ott
msg tools
mbmb
1) yes, they suffer damage equal to strain
2) just in the beginning of the mission, not every round unless noted in the mission rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Amos
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Ok thanks just wanted to make sure I was playing it right. I second guess myself to much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Young
msg tools
Also, for #2 - not that the "threat level" is not the amount of threat that is on the threat dial. The amount of threat on the threat dial is just called "threat", but the "threat level" is something that is determined for the whole mission. The first 3 missions have threat level 2, then the next few have threat level 3, and so on. The exact values are listed on the back of the campaign guide. You increase threat (on the threat dial) by the threat level during each status phase of each round, and as otherwise directed in the mission rules.

Sorry if this is stuff you already know, it's just something that people mess up a lot. Not the best choice of terms by FFG in my opinion!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On 2, also make sure you aren't confusing the threat level with the amount of threat you have. The threat level is the value indicated on the campaign log for the current mission and it is a fixed value that does not change throughout the mission.

In missions that don't have anything in the special setup, your dial will start the game at zero. It will increase by the threat level at the start of the Status Phase of each round.

In missions that include the 'Increase threat by twice the threat level and resolve an optional deployment' rule, your dial will start the game at twice the threat level minus whatever you spend on the optional deployment. It will still increase by the threat level at the start of the Status Phase of each round.

For some reason, a lot of people confuse the terms and think that the threat level listed on the campaign log is the starting value of the dial and then they double the current value on the dial during the Status Phase. Don't be one of those people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Young
msg tools
Haha, 1 minute before you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Guild
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you for this. My rebels have been complaining that I'm causing their allies strain and it damages them. Then I have to whip out the RRG and explain it. I'm away from the game so I can't check, but there was a big debate last time my group met about allies recovering strain and therefore recover damage. I think they played an item card or someone had an ability

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, only heroes have an endurance value. Only heroes can recover strain, and only heroes recover damage for each strain they cannot recover.

Rallying Shout (Gideon) explicitly works only on heroes.

Adrenal Stim does not allow an ally to recover strain, but can make the ally focused.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.