5 Posts

Quartermaster General» Forums » Rules

Subject: The Autobahn+Romanian Reinforcements; also cost of Cavalry Corps rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Witch Lord
msg tools
mbmb
Two questions that came up in a recent game of mine.

1) Germany plays The Autobahn.
The Autobahn wrote:
One at a time, you may pick up each German Army on the board and build it somewhere else. Each piece may be moved once.

Italy's got Romanian Reinforcements already on the table.
Romanian Reinforcements wrote:
Use when a supplied German Army is removed. Immediately recruit an Italian Army in that space.

Our question was if "picking up" an Army from a space implies removing it. In other words, can the Autobahn trigger Romanian Reinforcements?

In our particular case, there was a German Army in Italy, but no Italian Army. The Germans used the Autobahn to pick up their Army in Italy to build it in Ukraine, and the Italians immediately recruited one of their own armies in Italy. Was this play legal?

2) Is removing an Army part of the cost of Cavalry Corps?
Cavalry Corps wrote:
Use at the beginning of your Play step. Discard a Build Army card from your hand and remove a Soviet Army from the board. Then build an Army.

In our case, the Soviets had no Armies on the board, but Moscow was unoccupied. The Soviet player used Cavalry Corps, did not remove any Armies (since none were there), but did build an Army in Moscow, then proceeded to play Land Battle on Ukraine. I doubt this play was legal. Can you confirm this?

Thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Drog
United States
Ponte Vedra Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Great question. We'll see what Ian says...but I would say it doesn't trigger as most cards are to be interpreted literally. "remove" is cited as a rule saying you can "remove" your armies at any time. So I would think it would if the Germany player decided to "remove" one supplied army at any time on his turn....Interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Derekx
France
flag msg tools
mb
1) With the french translation of the Rules (Asyncron), it's possible:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Autobahn: Vous pouvez réorganiser l’ensemble de vos armées présentes au début de votre séquence de jeu. Chacune de vos armées peut être enlevée du plateau puis construite ailleurs. Chaque armée ne peut être “déplacée” ainsi qu’une fois. Les armées ainsi (re) construites doivent être ravitaillées.

Renforts roumains: Recrutez immédiatement une armée italienne dans une zone où une armée allemande ravitaillée vient d’être retirée du plateau.

With the original rules, I don't know either.

2) I don't know this card
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Brody
United States
Woodstock
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Witch Lord wrote:
Two questions that came up in a recent game of mine.

1) Germany plays The Autobahn.
[q="The Autobahn"]One at a time, you may pick up each German Army on the board and build it somewhere else. Each piece may be moved once.

Italy's got Romanian Reinforcements already on the table.
Romanian Reinforcements wrote:
Use when a supplied German Army is removed. Immediately recruit an Italian Army in that space.

Our question was if "picking up" an Army from a space implies removing it. In other words, can the Autobahn trigger Romanian Reinforcements?

In our particular case, there was a German Army in Italy, but no Italian Army. The Germans used the Autobahn to pick up their Army in Italy to build it in Ukraine, and the Italians immediately recruited one of their own armies in Italy. Was this play legal?

2) Is removing an Army part of the cost of Cavalry Corps?
Cavalry Corps]Use at the beginning of your Play step. Discard a Build Army card from your hand and remove a Soviet Army from the board. Then build an Army.[/q wrote:

In our case, the Soviets had no Armies on the board, but Moscow was unoccupied. The Soviet player used Cavalry Corps, did not remove any Armies (since none were there), but did build an Army in Moscow, then proceeded to play Land Battle on Ukraine. I doubt this play was legal. Can you confirm this?

Thank you

1. Yes, definitely legal!

2. The removal of an Army is a cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witch Lord
msg tools
mbmb
Thanks Ian!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.