$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
40.1% of Goal | left

Support:

Blake Cetnar
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
So I just obtained a used copy of the Pathfinders Rise of the Runelords card game and I managed to find the card list in order to verify that nothing was missing, and everything was included that should have been.

Next I verified what edition it was and discovered it was 1st edition so I ordered the errata pack of cards.

I have read through the rules and watched a play through video so I have a general gist (I think) of how the game flows, but I have a question.

On the first page of the card list document (which is labeled Rise of the Runelords base set card list) there are categories for all the cards, of course.  Monsters, weapons, etc.  But then on page two it is labeled Rise of the Runelords "Burnt Offerings" card list.

So are the cards on the second page only to be used with a particular adventure or adventure path.  And/or are these cards that should be left out of the decks and they will called for directly by other cards in the base set?  Just curious how these should work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted W
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Burnt Offerings" (adventure pack #1) was packaged in the main box, in its own little box identical in size to the expansion adventure pack boxes (2-6) for the other adventures.

I believe you are intended to use just the main box cards for the intro adventures.
Bragandoom
Poison Pill
Black Fang’s Dungeon

Then shuffle in Burnt Offerings' cards for the next adventures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Cetnar
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ok. Makes sense. But if I do the adventures after that, do I remove the Burnt Offerings cards and just use the base set cards, plus the cards that come with the next adventure? Or use everything that has been used up to that point?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rice
United States
Forest Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You add the cards for each adventure, but only take SOME cards out -- the Adventure Path Card tells you what cards to remove and when.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert O'Hearne
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's really pretty straightforward.

When you are playing the adventure and scenarios which have a B in the upper right corner of the card, you use all the cards which have a B in the upper right corner of the card (and C if you have those -- that's from the character add-on deck; you would need it to play with >4 players).

When you are playing the adventure and scenarios which have a 1 in the upper right corner of the card (this is the adventure Burnt Offerings), you add all the cards which have a 1 in the upper right corner to the B/C cards you are already using.

And so on. When you advance to the next adventure, you add the next adventure's cards.

Removing cards: the Rise of the Runelords Adventure Path card has the rules for removing cards. Basically, after you start adventure 3 (I think) you start removing cards with the Basic trait in the manner stated on the Adventure Path card, and the same for Elite cards after you start adventure 5.

EDIT: ninja'd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Pickel

Dubuque
Iowa
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll also throw in that playing the free version of the app helps a lot with learning gameplay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Cetnar
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ok. I got the character add on pack, and then the errata replacement card pack.

However there were a few cards in the errata pack that were not even swap outs. Namely, there were a few extra copies of a few cards in the errata than there were in the original set.

Should I add the extra copies in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Which ones did you have extra copies of? That sounds odd to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.