$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 83.24

5,536 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
34.9% of Goal | 27 Days Left

Support:

Billy Babel
United States
Guymon
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I honestly feel like LoR is probably for the OL, the least fun and worst of all the campaigns. The sunstone is vastly more helpful for the heroes than the OL, giving the OL a relic usable only on LTs, or an extra OL point, as compared to an extra green die for every encounter. The new allies help the heroes quite a bit, and the overlord doesn't really get much to compensate except i guess for some extra monsters in some of the scenarios, but it never feels like enough because they reinforce so slowly.

This campaign coupled with me being gullible enough to play the noob trap side quests from Lair of the Wyrm giving the heroes mountains of gold to try to get a shitty relic for the LT that hardly shows up or a medicore OL card, made for the worst Descent experience of my life.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm having a good time of it, personally, as OL. I haven't turned in the Sunstone yet; it's very handy for any quest with Ariad, since extra surges help her out a lot. The allies are, frankly, pretty flimsy; they don't take much to put down. I've only lost the interlude and a Rumor quest as of one quest into Act II.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Smithe
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played Labyrinth a few times as OL, and I've always had fun. I've never actually won the finale, but I've gotten a bunch of XP and relics.

According to this

http://d2etracker.com/campaign_page.php?campaign=2

the heroes seem to have an edge in a number of the quests, but it doesn't look overwhelming (a few of those also look to have a very small data set, with percentages such as exactly 50, 33, and 100%.)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Which finale did you do? I won Tipping the Scales, so I think I'm supposed to have an easier time.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Pede
Canada
Abbotsford
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
BillyBabel wrote:
I honestly feel like LoR is probably for the OL, the least fun and worst of all the campaigns. The sunstone is vastly more helpful for the heroes than the OL, giving the OL a relic usable only on LTs, or an extra OL point, as compared to an extra green die for every encounter. The new allies help the heroes quite a bit, and the overlord doesn't really get much to compensate except i guess for some extra monsters in some of the scenarios, but it never feels like enough because they reinforce so slowly.

This campaign coupled with me being gullible enough to play the noob trap side quests from Lair of the Wyrm giving the heroes mountains of gold to try to get a shitty relic for the LT that hardly shows up or a medicore OL card, made for the worst Descent experience of my life.


That's funny to me because im doing Lor with Lotw sidequests lol. I felt the extra xp helped, but I really suffered lots during act 1.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Smithe
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarcasmorator wrote:
Which finale did you do? I won Tipping the Scales, so I think I'm supposed to have an easier time.
It was whichever finale had Ariad with 60+ health. The heroes did a really good job of using the tokens to strip away her bonus health, and then they took her out.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryuhi Hikari
Germany
Georgia
flag msg tools
I have not FINISHED Labyrinth of Ruin, but my exerpience was quite the opposite.

On the hero side, I had a rather tough time with many scenarios, the win ratio was split rather evenly though we definitely did well in the interlude (and then we quit alas...).
As an overlord, I one the introduction, one the Serena quest (goblin witchers really are nasty for making heroes not get to actually all be next to Serena) and the heroes quit halfway through fury of the tempest, which, to be fair, is extremely slanted to favor the overlord in both encounters (the reinforcement rate is brutal).

Allies are quickly defeated, do not get to stand up (and thus are once per encounter only) and unless you play their quests, they do not get very strong.

And since the heroes forever have to worry about losing the sunstone, I think it is overall better for the overlord, who just gets to keep it and does not even have to pass up on other relics.

I think if I had to pick a campaign that was worst for the overlord, Trollfens would be it
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian H.
Germany
Weilburg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Evil Overlord
badge
Evil Overlord
mbmbmbmbmb
Unknown X wrote:
goblin witchers really are nasty for making heroes not get to actually all be next to Serena


Just one quick note to this: I think in the german version, the "Bewitch" ability of the goblin witchers is wrongly translated. Afaik they are missing the requirement, that a hero has to be cursed to be moved, which makes them a lot more effective than they are actually meant to be.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.