Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Villarreal
United States
Van Nuys
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
the first 5 cases in the box and some upgraded components?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, but I would consider a deluxe version with 5 new cases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Schelter
Canada
Bracebridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fuzzyfoot wrote:
the first 5 cases in the box and some upgraded components?

No.

Well, a shaky maybe.

Depends what would the upgrades would be. But they'd have to really impress me since I already own a copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Villarreal
United States
Van Nuys
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I would certainly re-buy if all the updated cards are included. Maybe some etched dice, or even plastic state tokens rather than cardboard ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Hostetler
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Would I now? NO, I already own the base game and 3 of the 5 stories. If I did not own it already, most definitely.

I might consider a deluxe version of the base game though if they made it available without having to rebuy the expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fuzzyfoot wrote:
I would certainly re-buy if all the updated cards are included. Maybe some etched dice, or even plastic state tokens rather than cardboard ones.
What updated cards? Also you would want to replay a scenario just because of a couple of fixed cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Voshall
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With a simple repackaging and basic components upgrade? No. As with many others, I already have the various expansions, and I don't feel that an updated storage box and better components would entice me to buy the game again.

However, I would be willing to purchase an updated second edition that takes some of the feedback from the various scenarios and uses that to improve them (for example, possibly adding a 'fast collect' option where you collect State tokens that start the next run with certain items at a certain location but down an appropriate number of TU), as well as providing alternate ways of handling the TU limit for various scenarios (for example, Asylum could use a no TU Limit setup, a generous TU Limit, and the classic TU limit, with different rating cards based on which mode you're playing in). If this was packaged with deluxe edition components and a collector's box to hold all of the scenarios in one place, that would be all the better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cali _Gozer
Netherlands
flag msg tools
I wouldn't think a Deluxe Version would sell well. Too costly for such a unique game that is often perceived as boring (having to do things over and over again..)

Rather than a deluxe version, I would much rather start seeing the base game sold with 2 stories, and the expansions also sold in sets of 2.

Don't get me wrong though, I love this game. I really do. Have been waiting months for any expansion to be available again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bailey
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
nope

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I hadn't already played the first 4, probably.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fluss Burrito
Germany
NW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, as there is none of the expansions available at Spiel 2016 (ger/eng) and only two new expansions will be released per year, I am not sure what the future will offer for this game at all. There were so many people asking for time stories and they all went home with other games, cause who likes a base game he can only play for 7-8 hours, even the "legacy" games last longer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Schelter
Canada
Bracebridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FlussBurrito wrote:
... only two new expansions will be released per year...

Have they really said only 2/year? I know there is a balance for publishers to strike between flooding the market with too much content, and not having enough content to keep the content current and on gamers' minds. I would have preferred to see 3 or 4 per year in different themes. That way, if one of the themes was a personal stinker there would still be more than 1 per year to loook forward to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ren T
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's already a pricey game for me, so I'd say no. I would however buy a bundle of multiple expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Villarreal
United States
Van Nuys
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ras2124 wrote:
fuzzyfoot wrote:
What updated cards? Also you would want to replay a scenario just because of a couple of fixed cards?

One of the users on here mentioned that he was helping to update the US cards for Space Cowboys to remove rule ambiguities and otherwise make the situations in each scenario smoother to understand without going 'wait what?"

Having bought the second version of Time Stories, the numbers above the barcode is how you can tell, all the FAQ's related to the general rules and the Asylum case were already incorporated into the cards. So I didn't need the FAQ at all.

I'd assume that eventually all the expansions will follow suit and by say this time in 2017 you should only be able to find the updated versions of all the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tricky Billd
msg tools
Shelter wrote:
FlussBurrito wrote:
... only two new expansions will be released per year...

Have they really said only 2/year? I know there is a balance for publishers to strike between flooding the market with too much content, and not having enough content to keep the content current and on gamers' minds. I would have preferred to see 3 or 4 per year in different themes. That way, if one of the themes was a personal stinker there would still be more than 1 per year to loook forward to.

Hello,

They said they were working on different adventures and that there will be 4 expansions next year (if you include Expedition : Endurance, that will be available in a few weeks in french- early 2017 in english). The second one will be a medieval story in Spain, and then there will be two other scenarios in 2017.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fuzzyfoot wrote:
ras2124 wrote:
fuzzyfoot wrote:

One of the users on here mentioned that he was helping to update the US cards for Space Cowboys to remove rule ambiguities and otherwise make the situations in each scenario smoother to understand without going 'wait what?"

Having bought the second version of Time Stories, the numbers above the barcode is how you can tell, all the FAQ's related to the general rules and the Asylum case were already incorporated into the cards. So I didn't need the FAQ at all.

I'd assume that eventually all the expansions will follow suit and by say this time in 2017 you should only be able to find the updated versions of all the cards.
I have had no issues with the scenarios I have played. While I am sure there are ambiguities that others have run into, I don't think the issues warrant buying another copy of the same thing, Updates are great for those that don't have a copy, but newer printings handle that; a deluxe copy is not a good way to reissue the scenarios because of how this game works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.