Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Codenames: Pictures» Forums » General

Subject: Integrates With:??? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Russell Howell                (What's Right?) (What's Wrong?)        
United States
Canoga Park
California
flag msg tools
Brought to you by Zik Zak
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why is this game listed as:

Integrates With:
Codenames
Codenames: Deep Undercover

The components are not the same shape, use pictures instead of words, and do not conform to the same rules. Am I missing some cool hybrid rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The "Codenames" system allows for any cards to be used. Be they pictures words etc.

You can mix and match and use the normal rules of Codenames. So the spymaster gets to use clues that may link both words AND pictures together.

We once played Codenames with Cards Against Humanity Cards.

It is a lot of fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Turner
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
Roll for the Guru
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
badgeguy wrote:
Why is this game listed as:

Integrates With:
Codenames
Codenames: Deep Undercover

The components are not the same shape, use pictures instead of words, and do not conform to the same rules. Am I missing some cool hybrid rules?

There is an official variant in the rulebook for how to play them combined (it's a great way to play for the record).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Howell                (What's Right?) (What's Wrong?)        
United States
Canoga Park
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MajaiofDreams wrote:
The "Codenames" system allows for any cards to be used. Be they pictures words etc.

You can mix and match and use the normal rules of Codenames. So the spymaster gets to use clues that may link both words AND pictures together.

We once played Codenames with Cards Against Humanity Cards.

It is a lot of fun.

sakoguru wrote:
There is an official variant in the rulebook for how to play them combined (it's a great way to play for the record).

Thank you, both of you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone played Codenames/Pictures/Undercover with 2 copies of the same game?.... If so, did it work?

To clarify a bit; Codnames has words/pictures on the front and back of the cards. I was wondering if having 2 copies adds more words/pictures to the game, since it would allow front and back words/pictures to be on the same grid.

P.S. and before anyone tells me, I know I can just write those words on indext cards and use front and back,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Molnar
Hungary
Budapest
Hungary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ZenMonkey11 wrote:
Has anyone played Codenames/Pictures/Undercover with 2 copies of the same game?.... If so, did it work?

To clarify a bit; Codnames has words/pictures on the front and back of the cards. I was wondering if having 2 copies adds more words/pictures to the game, since it would allow front and back words/pictures to be on the same grid.

I think there is already enough variation in the box so that you don't need to see both sides for even more. Also (at least in case of Codenames for sure) there was some thought given to which words appear on the two sides of a card, carefully trying to place words there that don't have any strong connections. But of course you can try...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.